OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just don't understand this...of all countries, France? I mean, France? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm so thankful he's safe!
There have been a lot of issues in France in the last year...

I just don't understand this...of all countries, France? I mean, France? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I thought it made sense. The Charlie Hebdo massacre had people around the world standing up against terrorism. I guess they "had" to do something worse to really shake up France and bring fear to the people.

It's been said around here that it's plausible for Al Qaeda to be behind this. Like there is some kind of competition between them and Isis. And since Isis brought attention to them with Charlie Hebdo, they probably wanted to do something bigger. If that's the case, this is frightening.

I thought it made sense. The Charlie Hebdo massacre had people around the world standing up against terrorism. I guess they "had" to do something worse to really shake up France and bring fear to the people.

It's been said around here that it's plausible for Al Qaeda to be behind this. Like there is some kind of competition between them and Isis. And since Isis brought attention to them with Charlie Hebdo, they probably wanted to do something bigger. If that's the case, this is frightening.

My disbelief goes back to the Charlie Hebdo massacre; if you would have told me France was going to yield multiple terrorist attacks five years ago I would have never believed you. Now it just makes me sad.

The new is claiming ISIS has taken responsibility---a one-upping game between ISIS and Al Qaeda is the scariest thought I've had all night.

I just got an alert on Facebook that one of my classmates from college checked in as safe in Paris.

It's insane. This is how we live now. There is a need for such a service. This is our reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were they actually in Paris? I had a bunch of people I met in college who checked in as safe during a natural disaster on the other side of the world. I mean, of course you're safe from that?

Hopefully they had worked out the bugs so it only applies to people who are actually there.

Were they actually in Paris? I had a bunch of people I met in college who checked in as safe during a natural disaster on the other side of the world. I mean, of course you're safe from that?

Hopefully they had worked out the bugs so it only applies to people who are actually there.

He's actually in Paris. He was a French exchange student when we were in college.

But never mind that. During our flooding they didn't let us check in

My boss is currently in Paris, only a few blocks away from the theater. She's currently safe in the hotel with her boyfriend. There were JUST posting pictures out and about on the streets not even a few hours before. She was scheduled to return to Charlotte tomorrow, but with the borders closed I have a feeling it's going to be a while.

I'm just very happy they are safe.

My boss is currently in Paris, only a few blocks away from the theater. She's currently safe in the hotel with her boyfriend. There were JUST posting pictures out and about on the streets not even a few hours before. She was scheduled to return to Charlotte tomorrow, but with the borders closed I have a feeling it's going to be a while.

I'm just very happy they are safe.
International flights/trains are still operational was the last update I heard. Maybe a chance she gets stuck, but I think they'll want to keep them going. She can probably expect a whole lot of additional security though.

And how messed up that all of this stuff (Japan earthquake, Mexico hurricane, ISIS attacks, Paris bombings) happens on Friday the 13th.

I'm going to start a happiness chain in this thread.

And how messed up that all of this stuff (Japan earthquake, Mexico hurricane, ISIS attacks, Paris bombings) happens on Friday the 13th.

I'm going to start a happiness chain in this thread.

I haven't red any news about a hurricane in Mexico for Nov 13th[emoji15] am I missing something?

Edited to add: I think the whole Mexico hurricane hashtag thing started on Twitter and seems to have gone viral now, but unless I'm missing something there was no hurricane in Mexico on Friday, there was one in October though [emoji16]

So yeah i need to vent..........

So in a nutshell i went from a difficult employee to now im dealing with difficult management. Im waiting to the 90 day mark which is december 6 and then im transferring the heck out of here. I have never in my life worked in such a negative flippin environment in my life!!!

apparently when closing i didnt wipe down a specific cooler, and had a chef two feet away from me talk crap about me to another chef saying how i "wouldnt last much longer"..... and you know what your right i wont. Cause i refuse to work around so much flippin negativity its pathetic. Apparently working hard doesnt mean crap to them if you arent kissing their asses left and right, cause clearly cleaning is more important then anything else. So yes you go ahead and talk crap like your in high school even though your twice my age to another one of my bosses two feet away from me.

Nevermind the fact that im apparently not allowed to use a week and a half (8 days/9 days) of accrued vacation because according to them they cant give me that much time off at once. Like just completely ignore the fact that i have worked for this company for 5 years and i know thats complete BS, and that your basically lying to my face for whatever reason.

i took this job with excitement cause i thought it would help improve my culinary career, and all it has done is made me miserable.

Its not even about having tough skin and toughing it out to prove them wrong, sometimes happiness means more then some stupid job where people hate you for no reason, other then to make themselves feel bigger.

So yes im done......

Hey all! Anyone have a wrist tattoo? How much did it hurt?
My oldest does. She said not too bad at first and then more and more as they go over it, but completely tolerable. Hers is not horizontal across her wrist though but rather vertical toward her elbow, and not in the center but more toward the top.

I do!

2c6d1a181a25b0965f473eca6e81fe66.jpg

My pain tolerance is really low, but mine hurt a lot, especially the very top part on the bone. The pain is the reason I haven't gotten it touched up. I have a lot of tattoos and this one was one of the most painful.

I have one on each. It depends what u get. I got Chinese writing on each"live love dream". Compared to my other tattoos I would totally do the wrist again. No pain at all. A little annoying pinching sensation but that's it.

Latest posts

Back