OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a small rant to go on today, and I think I might get some criticism on this one.
I've been really disgusted by some of the things cheerleaders say about other sports. For example, the EURO Cup has been going on (as I'm sure most of you are aware), and I've seen so many comments about it like "you can kick a ball around? cool can you stunt and tumble and do my routine?" I've seen it with a bunch of different sports, and it's bugging me because cheerleaders criticize other athletes for doing that very thing because the athlete doesn't understand the athleticism it takes to cheer, but 99.9% of cheerleaders don't understand the athleticism it takes to compete at the highest level of soccer, hockey, football, etc. I'd like to remind you all that a hockey player may only look like they're skating around hitting a puck with a stick, but they're doing it with a LOT of weight in pads, for possibly up to 60 minutes with minimal breaks, and while a bunch of people are basically out to break their bones. Many of the soccer players competing in an event like the EURO Cup or the FIFA World Cup are on the field for the full 90 minutes, in blistering heat, running nearly full speed for a majority of that time.
Sure it may look like just a few people kicking a ball or hitting a puck, but before you criticize another sport, look at what that sport actually entails and the shape you have to be in to even play those sports at the lowest level. And for the love of all things Beyonce DO NOT BE SO DAMN HYPOCRITICAL!! Stop bitching and complaining that people don't understand your sport and people say your sport isn't difficult and then go and do the same thing to other sports.

I'd like to remind you all that a hockey player may only look like they're skating around hitting a puck with a stick, but they're doing it with a LOT of weight in pads, for possibly up to 60 minutes with minimal breaks, and while a bunch of people are basically out to break their bones.

I play hockey too and I can honestly say they are about equally as difficult. I'm just as tired when I get off the ice as I am when I get off the competition floor. In cheer, you're out there for 2.5 minutes. Done. I play defense in hockey and when the puck is in my end of the ice and no one can seem to get it out, there's no way I can get to my bench and I'll be stuck on the ice for 3 or 4 minutes literally just skating back and forth in a 10 foot area trying to get the puck. I actually think cheer improved my endurance a lot for skating, but the leg muscles I had from hockey helped me learn to tumble and stunt easily.

I know hockey and cheer are an extremely weird combination but they actually complement each other really well because they each improve some aspects of my performance in the other.

my mom left for LA at 4am this morning to film a commercial and she won't be back until saturday. i leave for my dads (which is an hour away) friday, for two weeks and won't get to see her. and when we get back she has shop NBC in minnesota for 4 days:( i'm all for her traveling because its work and stuff but shes like my best friend so i'm going to miss her!

I have a small rant to go on today, and I think I might get some criticism on this one.
I've been really disgusted by some of the things cheerleaders say about other sports. For example, the EURO Cup has been going on (as I'm sure most of you are aware), and I've seen so many comments about it like "you can kick a ball around? cool can you stunt and tumble and do my routine?" I've seen it with a bunch of different sports, and it's bugging me because cheerleaders criticize other athletes for doing that very thing because the athlete doesn't understand the athleticism it takes to cheer, but 99.9% of cheerleaders don't understand the athleticism it takes to compete at the highest level of soccer, hockey, football, etc. I'd like to remind you all that a hockey player may only look like they're skating around hitting a puck with a stick, but they're doing it with a LOT of weight in pads, for possibly up to 60 minutes with minimal breaks, and while a bunch of people are basically out to break their bones. Many of the soccer players competing in an event like the EURO Cup or the FIFA World Cup are on the field for the full 90 minutes, in blistering heat, running nearly full speed for a majority of that time.
Sure it may look like just a few people kicking a ball or hitting a puck, but before you criticize another sport, look at what that sport actually entails and the shape you have to be in to even play those sports at the lowest level. And for the love of all things Beyonce DO NOT BE SO DAMN HYPOCRITICAL!! Stop bitching and complaining that people don't understand your sport and people say your sport isn't difficult and then go and do the same thing to other sports.

I can agree.. My son plays competitive soccer. Playing a full game as a midfielder - at 40 minute halves... running basically the whole time, in Florida in the heat is not easy at times - soccer can be very physical at his age with no padding lol for headers, shouldering etc. So, each sport should be respected. The occasional cleating he receives is torture lol.

my mom left for LA at 4am this morning to film a commercial and she won't be back until saturday. i leave for my dads (which is an hour away) friday, for two weeks and won't get to see her. and when we get back she has shop NBC in minnesota for 4 days:( i'm all for her traveling because its work and stuff but shes like my best friend so i'm going to miss her!
Your mom does commercials? That's really cool! I always wonder how I'm going to handle continuing this career if/when I wanna get married and have kids.

I have a facebook fan page. 8 of my friends are 'fans'. I kinda wanna screen shot it once a month or so to see how it changes. Give me some motivation to get myself out there!

Your mom does commercials? That's really cool! I always wonder how I'm going to handle continuing this career if/when I wanna get married and have kids.

I have a facebook fan page. 8 of my friends are 'fans'. I kinda wanna screen shot it once a month or so to see how it changes. Give me some motivation to get myself out there!
can I be your fan?

I'm in there?
I do believe that you are cher. If not, I know you're on this board somewhere. I distinctly remember seeing a picture of you at a comp. and you were wearing a red shirt. No coat or hat. And no old lady face...

yeah! shes a spokesmodel for Sensa. Its some weight loss thing. she lost 70 pounds on it so they decided to use her

I do believe that you are cher. If not, I know you're on this board somewhere. I distinctly remember seeing a picture of you at a comp. and you were wearing a red shirt. No coat or hat. And no old lady face...
I forgot I was in there lol It's been ages since that picture was posted so I totes mcgotes forgot.

Kristen Mae Carbone | Facebook

^That's the page if any of you are board and want random updates of my rise to..acting awesomeness? Also- if ANY of you come to NYC, I demand a picture. I don't get to go to comps because it's too difficult so I don't get any sightings :(

Back