All-Star New Rules??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hear you all. I'll take back saying get rid of senior 2. But senior 1? Really? I dont think you should be that big holding someone on your knee or at your gut. Sounds ALOT harder and more painful than normal stunting. Are there rule changes about the amount of people on a team for certain levels maybe?

The only vote for rule change was this:

Vote 9
Level 4.2 General Modify the current Level 4.2 age range (18 years and under)
Vote was No to the change so it will not change...

If the rule #9 would have been changed coaches voted on vote #10 below so it would have been 12-18 years of age- This maybe the reason your gym may have wanted to go level 2 b/c it took away some of your Top people.

Vote 10
Level 4.2 General If the Level 4.2 age rage is modified, choose one of the following options
A: Change Level 4.2 to (14 years and OLDER)
13.51%
B: Change Level 4.2 to (12 years old - 18 years old)
62.64%
C: Change Level 4.2 to (14 years old - 18 years old)
15.66%
Did not vote on this issue
8.19%

If this helps!!!

I think the most embarassing thing to allstar cheer is arrogant cheerleaders that say they have no tumbling, but say that a senior 1 girl (who probably has a backwalkover) should be embarassed of their division.
I don't care how old/young you are, but take a lesson in humility and understand that those with lower skills have a purpose for their team and enjoy their level, even if they're holding someone at eye level or lower. So please realize there are rules for a reason and those athletes should never be embarassed of their level!

Yes im sure there are many girls who could come brand new into cheerleading and may be able to throw some level 4 stunts in the air, but at the same time there are many girls who would not be able to do that; especially if you were someone who has never done any sport at all.
my senior year i was on a senior 3 team, and flip flopped to a senior 2 team... many new girls, some of which could barely hold level 2 stunts in the air.

this past season was my first year. Cass and I and the rest of the team all got thrown into learning something new. and not everyone was there from the beginning of the season. we had girls join right before competitions and they all had to learn level 4 stunts and some of our flyers had to learn level 4 stunts. yes it took time and yes some of it was difficult to learn but we werent just gonna give up. our team would take any challenge and put their best effort into hitting it. no we didnt always hit our stunts at first but we practiced and in the end we hit them pretty close to perfectly. we were and still are capable of learning higher level stunts. so dont say you cant throw a new cheerleader into a 4.2 and expect them to do good or hit well. you have to give them time and allow them to practice. anyone can do it.
and id also rather be on a 4.2 then a 2 or a 1. i liked the challenge of hitting level 4 stunts. and for some people they liked the opportunity to do higher level stunts because they couldnt tumble. it gave them something to look forward to and something they could believe in. and for seniors it was a nice was to end their last season at the gym. end it was something new and different.

The only vote for rule change was this:

Vote 9
Level 4.2 General Modify the current Level 4.2 age range (18 years and under)
Vote was No to the change so it will not change...

If the rule #9 would have been changed coaches voted on vote #10 below so it would have been 12-18 years of age- This maybe the reason your gym may have wanted to go level 2 b/c it took away some of your Top people.

Vote 10
Level 4.2 General If the Level 4.2 age rage is modified, choose one of the following options
A: Change Level 4.2 to (14 years and OLDER)
13.51%
B: Change Level 4.2 to (12 years old - 18 years old)
62.64%
C: Change Level 4.2 to (14 years old - 18 years old)
15.66%
Did not vote on this issue
8.19%

If this helps!!!
Just because that is all that was voted on doesnt mean that usasf won't change other rules. ALSO, just because it is the only thing that was voted on and passed, doesn't mean it will become a rule. AND, age grids are out already. People are talking about level rules.

Senior 1 and 2 teams can be amazing when done right.....We had a great sr 2 in our gym this year and hello MD Twisters their sr 1 and sr 2 teams are awesome:)

Les addressed a number of questions that people have right nowin this thread: http://fierceboard.com/threads/what...nswered-about-worlds.15908/page-3#post-369283

Here is his response for rules:
To give you a heads up on what is new.
1. We have finished our conference calls on the new rules and they should be up "relatively" soon. There are a few new things that should make some levels happy.
2. Athletes that leave one gym and join another will only be regulated if attending Worlds (same as last year). We used Worlds as the test model last year and we are SO glad we did. There are so many details and variables to consider before this is moved to a national rule.

Just because that is all that was voted on doesnt mean that usasf won't change other rules. ALSO, just because it is the only thing that was voted on and passed, doesn't mean it will become a rule. AND, age grids are out already. People are talking about level rules.
i know this... but just giving info that we do have :D

I wish USASF would just get rid of the senior 1 & 2 divisions. Its embarassing to be that old and be doing those kinds of stunts.
Very rude. I was a crossover on a senior level 2 team this past season. I am not embarrassed at all to admit that I am a level 2 athlete. No one should be embarrassed by their skill level. Some people just can't put up level 4 stunts right away. And regarding senior level 1, what is my gym supposed to do with the 36 girls who can't tumble? That wouldn't be a very competitive level 4.2 now would it? But they were a fabulous senior level 1 team that won many of their competitions. I would rather be on a great senior 1 or 2 team than a struggling 4.2 team. You should be embarrassed for putting down other athletes.

Back