New To Coed Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

GForce

I recognize any state in a crowd
Apr 27, 2011
Any tips for a base who going to start learning how to fly coed stunts??? Thanks!

From a base that learned to partner stunt in college, it's best to get some private lessons with someone that is experienced. The first time you toss DON'T let your legs fly up in a pike! I did this and I've seen every new coed flyer do it on their first toss too lol.
But don't "rake" the poor guy either (pull your feet back--ouch!). Concentrate on pushing through your toes on the jump. Don't bottom out (sit so low your butts below your knees) and wait til the top of the toss to release.
Don't whip your body trying to jump higher and squeeze your legs tight--they should come apart naturally at shoulder width at the top of the toss (for toss to hands). Be tight as possible without squeezing so tight you shake.

There's more but that should help some. Happy partner stunting.

I need to modify my tip about waiting til the top of the toss to release. Normally it's called a "flick". That's when the guy releases you and you push off his wrists. You have to wait til the last second. Otherwise your flick will be too soon and it will cut off the toss.

Good luck! Once you get toss lib it's allll gravy!

Stay tight and just let them do the work. Don't try to help them when it's not needed, just stay tight in the air and really jump off the ground. It's really a lot of fun, especially when you get to try new types of load ins and stuff:)

Stay tight and just let them do the work. Don't try to help them when it's not needed, just stay tight in the air and really jump off the ground. It's really a lot of fun, especially when you get to try new types of load ins and stuff:)

thanks!!!!!

As a coed base, the only tip I have for toss is just to jump. Hard. Every time.

Once you're in the air, try to just stand like you're on the floor - nothing annoys me more than a coed flyer who tries to move too much or move her feet around. Let me be manly!

Once you're in the air, try to just stand like you're on the floor - nothing annoys me more than a coed flyer who tries to move too much or move her feet around. Let me be manly!

Just died because this sounds like something that would come out of some of my partners' mouths. :p

yea with coed stunting the guy makes most of the adjustments. your jobs is to be tight and lift up. Also remember to keep your shoulder back slightly and don't stand on your toes..

Yeah my advise is go to your local college and see if they have open practices. If not, usually they will go to a local all star gym during open gym and are willing to teach you how to fly. This is how I got started, but if teams don't go to a gym near you, a lot of gyms offer privates for partner stunting. Good luck :)

Back