High School Nfhs Proposed Spirit Rule Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 23, 2012
x5a39w.jpg

WOW. very exciting stuff. Thank you SOOOO much for posting this. Any idea when this will be finalized? You should keep us posted!

The only thing that bugs me, is the rules about airborn flipping in a pyramid. Since we need 2 bracers on each side, that need to have spotters, small and medium teams only have enough people to have one girl flipping at a time.

With all these rule changes, I hope that they get video's out there with examples of what is illegal, and what is not. Even with the simple rules about suspended forward rolls, there was many teams in my area that struggled to figure out what was legal. They kept getting told different things.

I would think within the next week or two. The first time I heard about doubles being illegal was on 3/5 and they said the official press release would be in about 3 weeks. Next week is the third week, so it sounds like soon.

WOW. very exciting stuff. Thank you SOOOO much for posting this. Any idea when this will be finalized? You should keep us posted!

The only thing that bugs me, is the rules about airborn flipping in a pyramid. Since we need 2 bracers on each side, that need to have spotters, small and medium teams only have enough people to have one girl flipping at a time.

With all these rule changes, I hope that they get video's out there with examples of what is illegal, and what is not. Even with the simple rules about suspended forward rolls, there was many teams in my area that struggled to figure out what was legal. They kept getting told different things.

I do hope they do a lot of videos as well because otherwise it will be mayhem!!! And I feel your pain with only one flipping at a time on small and medium teams.

Bad teams in my area free flipping sounds horrific to me. Great for my team though, as I've got great tumblers who are tiny tops, but don't quite get the double down thing.

Lol I was kinda thinking the same so now the teams pushing skills will be doing inversions that will be scary/unsafe and the skilled teams will do these easily and those same teams won't be able to do double downs hmmm I'm scratching my head on this - confused at the logic

I REALLY hope GHSA sticks to these rules.
I would love to do braced pyramid flips!!!! But the double down issue made me full on cry :(
I had to learn how to slow my spin down....which got a little dangerous lol but I got it!

I REALLY hope GHSA sticks to these rules.
I would love to do braced pyramid flips!!!! But the double down issue made me full on cry :(
I had to learn how to slow my spin down....which got a little dangerous lol but I got it!

Is it saying that no one can double down anymore?

Back