Nike Pro

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 25, 2014
Hey I'm wanting to start up cheerleading and tumbling asap. I really want to get nike pros! What does everyone typically get? Nike pro 3", 5", or what does everyone get? Please help I want to buy them before I go out of town tomorrow! Thank you so much! :)

Nike Pros have nothing to do with starting cheer. Not everyone wears them.

For length it is really personal preference but the 5" are definitely preferred more by the parents

Are you trying out for a 1/2 year team?

*If you are a telemarketer, or wrong number, and contact me I apologize in advance**

5 inch give most people camel toe but not all. Most people wear 3 inch for cheer practice. Go to your local sporting goods store and try them on to see which you like better. I honestly preferred running shorts for practice because they didn't ride up like spandex do.

Sorry I didnt relize I could only ask certain things on this beging one. I just cant really post on anything else right now so I'm sorry! I can totally understand why parents prefer 5". But thank you so much for warning me about the camel toe on the 5" I wouldn't want that happening! I'll go look into the running shorts thank you so much! :)

I would get the three inch then if you feel they're too skimpy, wear something over them. A lot of gyms have required practice wear, my daughters required spandex are three inch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just decided to delete my comment since I didn't see any where in your thread that you weren't doing all star :) which makes my comment irrelevant.

Last edited:
What people choose to wear varies. Not every body wears Nike Pros, what kind cheerleaders get, are usually up to the parents unless the parents allow their kid to choose. Most gyms have a dress code requirement and have assigned practice wear that parents have to buy. Then again, a lot of gyms don't.

Also, its really late into the season already. (not that late but way long after team members have been selected). I think you're moving way too fast. Most gyms, have already competed in two/three comps.

You should really think about what kind of gym and team you want to be on. As well as what program fits into your parents budget.

There are the regular level's 1-5 teams and international teams that run year round. Than there are 1/2 year teams. A lot of gyms had their 1/2 year team tryouts back in October. (At least Top Gun did. I think) I'm sure a lot of other gyms have as well.

So you're "cheerleading" portion, probably wouldn't start until next year after the season ends. As far as tumbling goes, many gyms have "open gyms" for tumbling lessons.

It sounds like you're just in it for the practice wear. If you are, you got another thing coming for you :) All star cheer is not easy. And its not just about the cute practice wear and bows.

I think you can get more help if you state clearly what you're wishing to accomplish than just bluntly stating you want to start cheer and get the Nike Pros.
I'm so sorry that was not and isn't my intentions at all. I was just in a rush earlier and didn't get time to put more detail in what my plans or anything are. I havent been concerned about the getting any of the stuff that ill have to wear to practice till today ill be starting up cheer prep (high school cheer prep) Very soon tumbling as well. And I realize I didn't have anything to wear. Thats why I asked that question. My intentions are to train an prepair for high school try outs in 3 months. I'm very determined to make the team so I can make some true good friends that will actually be there for me. Also to learn the great standards and values cheerleading teaches. To be able to have plans and expect to have practice! I'm excited for the camps! Im excited to push myself, to find new talents, find more about myself. I'm excited about just everything. The clothing is actually the least of my priorities. Its simply just a last minuet thought for me. I'm sorry that I didn't make that clear sooner. I feel awful about that! I start next week though so I figured I should get something to wear. They don't have a dress code so I wanted to see what all the other girls got. sorry again!

I'm so sorry that was not and isn't my intentions at all. I was just in a rush earlier and didn't get time to put more detail in what my plans or anything are. I havent been concerned about the getting any of the stuff that ill have to wear to practice till today ill be starting up cheer prep (high school cheer prep) Very soon tumbling as well. And I realize I didn't have anything to wear. Thats why I asked that question. My intentions are to train an prepair for high school try outs in 3 months. I'm very determined to make the team so I can make some true good friends that will actually be there for me. Also to learn the great standards and values cheerleading teaches. To be able to have plans and expect to have practice! I'm excited for the camps! Im excited to push myself, to find new talents, find more about myself. I'm excited about just everything. The clothing is actually the least of my priorities. Its simply just a last minuet thought for me. I'm sorry that I didn't make that clear sooner. I feel awful about that! I start next week though so I figured I should get something to wear. They don't have a dress code so I wanted to see what all the other girls got. sorry again!
No need to apologize. You asked a specific question about the Pros.

Good luck making the school team.

*If you are a telemarketer, or wrong number, and contact me I apologize in advance**

It sounds like you're just in it for the practice wear. If you are, you got another thing coming for you :) All star cheer is not easy. And its not just about the cute practice wear and bows.

I think you can get more help if you state clearly what you're wishing to accomplish than just bluntly stating you want to start cheer and get the Nike Pros.

What's that smiley code for the eye rolling emoji? I'm in my phone.

I think that statement was a tad rude and uncalled for, don't ya think? She did state clearly what she wanted - she wanted to know what practice shorts are common and popular and which ones people like best. She does not have to tell her whole life story to get a question answered.

I did not get that vibe from your post, @Macie Make. What you posted is fine. I wish you the best of luck at tryouts. Just get whatever practice clothing you feel comfortable wearing. No one is going to think twice about what type of shorts you're wearing in the gym.

Planning ahead is always great! Get what ever works best for you. I do know that many girls prefer the Nike pros but there are other similar shorts out there. Just make sure you are comfortable. Seems as though you are off to a good start. Good luck and let us know how you are doing/progressing :)

Hey I'm wanting to start up cheerleading and tumbling asap. I really want to get nike pros! What does everyone typically get? Nike pro 3", 5", or what does everyone get? Please help I want to buy them before I go out of town tomorrow! Thank you so much! :)

My cp wears 3 inch Nike pros underneath Nike running shorts. She's not comfortable wearing just Nike pros but she wears them underneath literally everything.

What's that smiley code for the eye rolling emoji? I'm in my phone.

I think that statement was a tad rude and uncalled for, don't ya think? She did state clearly what she wanted - she wanted to know what practice shorts are common and popular and which ones people like best. She does not have to tell her whole life story to get a question answered.

I did not get that vibe from your post, @Macie Make. What you posted is fine. I wish you the best of luck at tryouts. Just get whatever practice clothing you feel comfortable wearing. No one is going to think twice about what type of shorts you're wearing in the gym.
I don't think my statement was rude I was just putting it out there. I wasn't trying to be rude at all and I apologize to the poster if she felt that way thats' why I put the :) its a smiley face not an eye roll.

To the poster, don't be offended by me. I put the :) for a reason. I was just informing you about what other gyms were already doing in case you didn't know.

To the poster, don't be offended by me. I put the :) for a reason. I was just informing you about what other gyms were already doing in case you didn't know.
Actually what you did that eyesontheprize was referring to was accusing the OP of only joining cheer because of the practice wear.

Actually what you did that eyesontheprize was referring to was accusing the OP of only joining cheer because of the practice wear.

Because that's the only thing she seemed to be excited for. So I decided to inform her what a lot of gyms do and already doing. I put :) For a reason and don't think I came off rude at all. I was just informing her just in case she didn't know. But since my comment is getting to be center of attention for no reason, I'm just going to delete.

Back