OT Non-cheer Fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 2, 2014
There are plenty of threads about fundraising for cheer squads, but I figured I'd start one for more large scale fundraising, like an entire class/school. It's a lot easier to fundraise for school because you never run out of alumni/parents/people who just want to help (or at least that's been my experience living in a small town). I'm coming up on my senior year and am student body president, so I'm expected to oversee a lot of the fundraising for operation graduation. My question is, what did your class do for fundraising in high school?
Things we've already discussed doing:
-OpGrad always does something called Celebrity Waiter Night in the spring, where willing students dress up and do little skits. They decorate their tables to match who they are and serve you food afterwards. (In the past we've had Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, the powderpuff girls, Woody and Jessie, Lil Wayne- funniest one of all time bc it was a preppy white kid- Justin Bieber, Steve Urkle, Lady Gaga, Tina Turner...)
- In October we'll do something called a spook trail, which we'll set up at the local "nature trail" and, you know, scare kids. (I'm hoping to expand that one and turn it into kind of a carnival.)
- Around Christmas we want to host a beauty pageant for little girls in our auditorium. I think it would be so much fun!
- For Valentines day, we'd like to do the "flower grams", and include the junior high and middle school.
- This summer I'd like to do car wash and a 4th of July basket raffle. (Got this idea from my gym owner who's done it in the past.) Spend about $100 on 2 gift baskets ($50 each) and put 4th of July decorations, recipes, etc. in a cute basket (hopefully all can be found at dollar tree or hobby lobby!). Ask the local firework stands to donate some fireworks.
-Last year's OpGrad had a Mardi Gras dance but it wasn't great. People only care about dances during football season. And the back to school dance and homecoming dances are always done by the same organizations. There's a chance we could do a blackout dance (after our blackout pep rally) but Idk. What other theme dances are there?

Thanks in advance! Sorry this is so long!

-

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Check out Sherwood Farms for Christmas wreaths and other items. You set the price above their price to decide how,much to make. We usually do $5. They r a great product from Washington state, that anyone can do. Free shipping, before or after Thanksgiving with a relatively small order.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back