OT Nyc Help... Help Idp Get To Broadway!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
First thing: plan enough time between expected arrival of the train and the time you have to be somewhere. When I went from Chicago to New York by train we were 7 hours late (so plan enough snacks and drinks, too). And - I don't know if that's an option for you - I travelled overnight which meant not paying for a hotel room that night.

For cheap accomodation: try couchsurfing. I've already done that quite a few times and had (except for once, but that was an emergency accomodation) only great experiences.

See if there are any VRBO apartments in Riverdale in the Bronx. - very easy to get to Times Square from there by public transportation and is a nice safe neighborhood. You might also try Kew Gardens, Forest Hills, or Astoria in Queens, and Williamsburg in Brooklyn.
I am an hour from the city by Long Island Railroad, let me know if nothing else closer pans out! I have a couch and a high rise bed in the basement, and should be able to get you back and forth from the train.

Aww this thread makes my heart happy. So many awesome fierceboarders turning the almost impossible into doable! I love it!

This is why I posted it! I went to bed in tears (after scouring websites for hours trying to make it possible), just knowing when we woke up this morning I'd have to break the news to her that we couldn't go after all. :(

And then I realized that I knew the best website in the world for how to travel on a budget. If anyone can make a trip happen in even the most dire financial straits... It's cheer people. :D

OK. It would appear that my problem is solved! Thank you sooooooooooo much everyone for your help. We now have a way there and a place to stay! And I think we'll have enough money for the pastrami sandwich and potato salad that I *have to* have.

I. Freaking. Love. Fierce. Board.

No extra Broadway shows this trip (I know I posted a few weeks ago that I thought we'd be able to see a 2nd one when we went this winter, but that trip is off now) but we are so excited!!!

OK. It would appear that my problem is solved! Thank you sooooooooooo much everyone for your help. We now have a way there and a place to stay! And I think we'll have enough money for the pastrami sandwich and potato salad that I *have to* have.

I. Freaking. Love. Fierce. Board.

No extra Broadway shows this trip (I know I posted a few weeks ago that I thought we'd be able to see a 2nd one when we went this winter, but that trip is off now) but we are so excited!!!
If you are not going to Katz's, we cannot be friends anymore.

If you are not going to Katz's, we cannot be friends anymore.

Oh dear... We were thinking of Carve (because it's a 5 minute walk from the theater where lion King is). Not sure where Katz's is! :eek: But I certainly don't want to lose our friendship... I'll look into it.

(definitely WANT to go there. Just have to be able to get to it lol)

Carve works too, but katz's has the most tongue curling , body tingling sour pickles I have ever had! Such a strange thing to fixate on, but wow!

Katz's is the deli where you can get what Meg Ryan had in When Harry Met Sally.

Omg, there are so many options and so much we can do! So excited!

Carve works too, but katz's has the most tongue curling , body tingling sour pickles I have ever had! Such a strange thing to fixate on, but wow!

Ok, Katz's it is! Yay! That would have been my pick, but I was trying to go for convenient, and carve came recommended as "close" to the theater.

Sooooooo... If anyone is up for a fierce board meet up, it appears that @mamabear and I will be at Katz's deli sometime during Columbus day weekend. :)

ETA This is probably the most excited I've been in a long time. I cannot wait for this trip now!

Ok, Katz's it is! Yay! That would have been my pick, but I was trying to go for convenient, and carve came recommended as "close" to the theater.

Sooooooo... If anyone is up for a fierce board meet up, it appears that @mamabear and I will be at Katz's deli sometime during Columbus day weekend. :)

ETA This is probably the most excited I've been in a long time. I cannot wait for this trip now!
If I can make it (soccer tournament for non-cp of course and heading up to New England for a college weekend later on Sunday) then count me in too!

yay! i'm so excited it all worked out, you'd think i was going on the trip! lol post pictures or updates of the trip @Just-a-Mom !!! and enjoy :D

you also make me want to go home and hug my mom because i have no doubts she had similar situations and scrambled around like crazy to make my dreams come true. just in case your daughter isn't old enough to realize it yet, you're an amazing mom (with or without this trip)

ok. done being sappy.

Back