OT Nyc Help... Help Idp Get To Broadway!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Update:

Sadly the trip is not to be. Not enough people committed, once they looked at costs, so it's canceled. They are trying to hopefully reschedule for MLK weekend.

:(

Idp is sooooooooooo sad. If they don't reschedule the workshop, I'm hoping to at least take her on the trip, without the workshop, to at least see the shows.

I'm SOOO sorry I missed this and couldn't help!! (I never got the tag. Weird.) I'm even more sad it got cancelled- I busted through the thread just to tell you to come meet up with me during my free days! :(

If you DO end up coming and need additional help/have any questions (finding a new hostel/hotel, want me to scout out an area for you so you know what it looks like, restaurant tips/suggestions etc), PLEASE PLEASE PM me. Also if you need help getting cheaper tickets for shows, I can point you in the right directions!

I'm SOOO sorry I missed this and couldn't help!! (I never got the tag. Weird.) I'm even more sad it got cancelled- I busted through the thread just to tell you to come meet up with me during my free days! :(

If you DO end up coming and need additional help/have any questions (finding a new hostel/hotel, want me to scout out an area for you so you know what it looks like, restaurant tips/suggestions etc), PLEASE PLEASE PM me. Also if you need help getting cheaper tickets for shows, I can point you in the right directions!

Well if she doesn't reschedule, we will still definitely be making a trip. We want to see her in the Lion King (she's my boss - so you know I HAVE TO see her in this lion outfit lol)

I really wanted to go at Christmas time so we could see the Rockettes too, but I don't think I can afford it by then. Probably January-February.

So, when we come, I'm still in for Katz's deli and any meet-ups anyone wants to do! I'm really hoping to do MLK weekend.

Side note - does anyone know if the Rockettes do any shows that aren't at Christmas time? I haven't seen them since I was a little girl, and I really want to.

Side note - does anyone know if the Rockettes do any shows that aren't at Christmas time? I haven't seen them since I was a little girl, and I really want to.

The Rockettes were supposed to do a show last year called Heart and Lights but it got postponed to Spring 2015. Check out the heart and lights website..the show looks like it's going to be amazing and all inspired by NYC!

Well if she doesn't reschedule, we will still definitely be making a trip. We want to see her in the Lion King (she's my boss - so you know I HAVE TO see her in this lion outfit lol)

I really wanted to go at Christmas time so we could see the Rockettes too, but I don't think I can afford it by then. Probably January-February.

So, when we come, I'm still in for Katz's deli and any meet-ups anyone wants to do! I'm really hoping to do MLK weekend.

Groupon always has great discounts on Rockettes

Always in for Katz's!

i don't know about legit performances, but they have a workshop called the "Rockette Experience" and "Rockette 101" through BDC. both are rather expensive (but prices right now include admission to the christmas spectacular, i recall them being MUCH cheaper in the off season) but you get a rockette style dance class taught by real rockettes and a behind the scenes look at radio city. the "experience" includes a mock audition and a longer class, i think. right now the website is set up with winter dates and admission to the christmas show, but check back later on. we brought one of our dance studios there in the summer and the girls loved it!

The Rockettes Experience

The Rockettes were supposed to do a show last year called Heart and Lights but it got postponed to Spring 2015. Check out the heart and lights website..the show looks like it's going to be amazing and all inspired by NYC!

It's like the most top secret show ever! I've signed up for every alert there is for it. They're saying maybe August 2015? I'm DEFINITELY going!!! Thanks for the tip. :)

i don't know about legit performances, but they have a workshop called the "Rockette Experience" and "Rockette 101" through BDC. both are rather expensive (but prices right now include admission to the christmas spectacular, i recall them being MUCH cheaper in the off season) but you get a rockette style dance class taught by real rockettes and a behind the scenes look at radio city. the "experience" includes a mock audition and a longer class, i think. right now the website is set up with winter dates and admission to the christmas show, but check back later on. we brought one of our dance studios there in the summer and the girls loved it!

The Rockettes Experience

Ooooooooh... I wonder if they'll have that for the Heart and Lights show! If not, this is something I would for sure put her in next Christmas. Looks so awesome.

The Rockettes Experience

I did the Rochette Experience when I was in high school! It was awesome, and a good look at how difficult it is to become a professional dancer/Rockette. Standing on the stage in Radio City music hall was a once in a lifetime experience. I think we went in February/March and we didn't see a show so it was significantly cheaper.

It was also a great bonding experience for our dance studio. All of the younger and older girls spent the day together, learned the same routine, etc.

I did the Rochette Experience when I was in high school! It was awesome, and a good look at how difficult it is to become a professional dancer/Rockette. Standing on the stage in Radio City music hall was a once in a lifetime experience. I think we went in February/March and we didn't see a show so it was significantly cheaper.

It was also a great bonding experience for our dance studio. All of the younger and older girls spent the day together, learned the same routine, etc.

Can I just sign up my daughter, or does it have to be a group? I don't think the studio will go - just us.

Can I just sign up my daughter, or does it have to be a group? I don't think the studio will go - just us.

you definitely can go without a group! each workshop has a cap of 70 (chaperones included) so there will always be groups there, but anyone can attend on their own! there were a few kids there when our studio went and we kind of just adopted them for the day :)

Ok, Katz's it is! Yay! That would have been my pick, but I was trying to go for convenient, and carve came recommended as "close" to the theater.

Sooooooo... If anyone is up for a fierce board meet up, it appears that @mamabear and I will be at Katz's deli sometime during Columbus day weekend. :)

ETA This is probably the most excited I've been in a long time. I cannot wait for this trip now!

Is this trip to Katz still on? Just checked into my NYC hotel for the weekend!

Although, I probably shouldn't be eating a thing since I'm going to Kleinfelds tomorrow to try on wedding dresses!

Hope your trip turns out amazing!

Is this trip to Katz still on? Just checked into my NYC hotel for the weekend!

Although, I probably shouldn't be eating a thing since I'm going to Kleinfelds tomorrow to try on wedding dresses!

Hope your trip turns out amazing!

Aaaaawwwwww! No, we ended up postponing the trip. :( None of the team could afford hotels (ha! I wasn't the only one) so we are going to try to do it later.

I was actually just sitting here sad as could be because we're supposed to be there right now! I am so bummed.
And OMG have fun at Kleinfelds! That's so exciting!! Let us know if you find something!

Aaaaawwwwww! No, we ended up postponing the trip. :( None of the team could afford hotels (ha! I wasn't the only one) so we are going to try to do it later.

I was actually just sitting here sad as could be because we're supposed to be there right now! I am so bummed.
And OMG have fun at Kleinfelds! That's so exciting!! Let us know if you find something!
Don't feel bad its pouring rain at the moment... Mt first holiday weekend off in forever and Im sitting here wondering what fun there is in NY in the rain... boo hiss

Don't feel bad its pouring rain at the moment... Mt first holiday weekend off in forever and Im sitting here wondering what fun there is in NY in the rain... boo hiss
Museums....many many museums. And good food in between.
Non-cp just played 2 soccer games in the pouring rain this morning. No fun for anyone!
If you're in the city, tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful.

Back