Open Vs Regular?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 9, 2014
I feel clueless, I have been cheering for 4 years and I still don't know what the difference between an open team and a regular team is. Could someone fill me in?:D

An open team is IOC 5/6 or IO 5/6. Those divisions have no top age. Open 5 is 14+ and open 6 is 17+. For regular senior divisions the top age is 18.

I feel clueless, I have been cheering for 4 years and I still don't know what the difference between an open team and a regular team is. Could someone fill me in?:D

Open is basically another age group like senior or junior. It has no top age and the bottom age is 14 for IO5 and 17 for IO6. Since they're made of working adults and college kids, they're usually cheaper and practice roughly once a week or so.

Open is basically another age group like senior or junior. It has no top age and the bottom age is 14 for IO5 and 17 for IO6. Since they're made of working adults and college kids, they're usually cheaper and practice roughly once a week or so.
Thanks so much , now I have something to look forward too when I age out :D

I didn't know the difference either. My CP is going to be excited to know she can continue cheering after she ages out of her regular team!

Back