All-Star Opposites?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think it really matters. If the judges don't complain, than why should we ?
Good Luck this season Crimson Heat 5-Alarm !

my gym still flies on the opposite or wrong leg and i hate it! it makes it so much harder for the flyers to fly at other schools or gyms because then they have to fly the right leg. I think we need to devote a summer to learning how to fly right legged.

Hey, if we all were taught to fly on our left legs, we'd call a team flying on their rights weird! But I'm curious as to why they did (or any gym that does) teach it that way? When basically every all star gym flies on one leg, why do others even bother teaching to fly on the other? Flexibility? To be different?

I know when Senior Elite flew on their left leg in like 2001 it was because Kelly was more flexible on that side. hahah :)

I don't mind teams flying on the opposite leg. The only thing I don't like is the dropping of the body position so they can swing through to double down.

I saw someone kick double the opposite way...now that was weird lol

i find it quite akward when people fly on the opposite leg... then when people do their one legged stunts and they're mirrored each other. now thats extremely akward to watch...

I sorta like the idea of mirroing each other for some reason. Showing half of the flys on one side doing things opposite of the other? If done with flexibilty and skill....different, but sorta cool.

I think mirrored heel stretches or aeros or scorps would be cool, with the right side going one way and the left side going the other way. It would look cool with all the legs going in, or with all the legs going out.

Before anyone gets upset at this- I want to say I have been a huge fan of Crimson Heat for years, and I think they are a GREAT program. HOWEVER-

#1- they fly on the left, but then double left. This is AWFUL technique, you're supposed to twist toward the direction of whichever leg is in the air. It is really awkward hip placement.

#2- I learned that the right leg was the norm in high school- in 1998. So why are there still teams flying on the left?

#3- My current gym used to fly on the left and when I came in, I insisted that we spend the whole summer switching it. It looks so much better

#4- I saw Crimson Heat recently, and yes they did switch. I think they look great, but some of their younger teams were still flying left. hmmmm

My personal opinion when I see teams flying on the left is that I always assume that their coaches have no idea what they are doing. This is definitely not the case with Crimson Heat, because they obviously have a very strong program, and I always look forward to seeing them. JMO

Back