Other Sports?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only reason I know that other sports exist is because I also have boys. If I only had my daughter, I would not know any other sports exist! :rolleyes:

I play lacrosse. For a club team, high school lax interferes with all star too much. I play club during the summer, but even then it still interferes with my cheer schedule and i have to work it out.

I run track in the spring, which can cause problems because of practice every day and lots of meets on saturdays even early in the spring. And track definitely takes a toll on my body which makes cheer difficult sometimes. I also do school cheer (competetive, football, and basketball) so I'm constantly busy! But hey, gotta stay in shape :)

I'm in show choir and theatre, which while not a sport, is still a huge time commitment, especially during productions of shows. But my directors and my parents know that cheerleading comes first, always

My daughters do cheer & gymnastics. I think the gymnastics just makes them better cheerleaders. It improves their strength & flexibility. It compliments cheer really well! :)

My freshman yr of high school I did both school and all-star, played volley-ball and basket-ball, and I did power-lifting and track, on top of that I was very active with FFA(comps and livestock shows). As time went on things were cut, sophomore yr no more b-ball, jr yr no more school cheer or volley-ball. I always spent the most time outside of practices focusing on my all-star cheer though it and my animals were my life. probably why I'm in collage majoring n animal science and coaching all-star cheer.
(I know I was a crazzy lady my first yrs of high school, well the whole time(pre-AP and AP classes) but it kept me out of trouble, well I wasn't very popular since I didn't party but I thank my mom for letting me be so busy it made collage life so easy)

i cant catch or throw balls but i can throw cheerleaders in the air and catch them after they twist a couple times

Back