OT P90x Vs. Insanity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Dec 10, 2010
So being a university cheerleader, we for the most part have the next four months off for the summer, apart from the few camps and practices we have before tryouts come september. So in order to keep in shape this summer I'm looking at trying either P90X or Insanity. I was wondering anyone who has tried either, or both, which do you feel is better for cheer? I'm a flyer and I know neither will do much for flexibility, so I will be doing a ton of stretching on top of it, but I'm currently torn on which one to do.

top gun does the insanity and you see how perfect their bodies are. although i've never done it before but i heard its really hard. i do p90x at my gym and it works pretty well although the guy is pretty creepy. idk i'm kind of debating on the 2 as well

Definitely do Insanity. I have done both of them and I personally like it so much better. But you have to be prepared to work hard even some of the people that are on the video struggle to make it through the work-out. It's definitely worth your time.

top gun does the insanity and you see how perfect their bodies are. although i've never done it before but i heard its really hard. i do p90x at my gym and it works pretty well although the guy is pretty creepy. idk i'm kind of debating on the 2 as well
agreed..the guy on p90x is definitely creepy haha.

I'm starting Insanity this weekend. I definitely need to get my head focused because I hear it's no easy task to finishthe entire program.

Insanity is less/no actual lifting correct? I actually haven't done either work out, but I am really looking into trying Insanity. I am not really looking to get "big", just toned and in shape. Do both workouts include cardio?

I did the Insanity fit test last night, thanks to all those who replied, I really read over both programs and Insanity seems to be a lot more cardio and P90X really seems to build a lot more muscle and get people "big". Toned and in shape is definitely what I'm looking for, but Insanity is going to be no easy feat, even the fit test had me dying at some points. From what I've heard to get the results you've got to be strict with the program, no days off, following the food options, and no junk food. I'm going to give it a try, if anyone else on the board is starting it anytime soon I'd love to talk! Send me a message and we can compare stories and get through it together!

All of our coaches are supposed to start doing Insanity after our practices. I need to get back in shape immediately :) I'll tell you how it goes :/

Insanity is really good, I must say once you start you may feel like quitting b/c you jump up and down a lot, but has great results!

ive been doing p90x and let me say it works wonders! and it does help with flexibility! the yoga part, if done right, helps tremendously. ive leaned out so much, and i have so much more energy (i know, im little ms energizer bunny to begin with, but its true!) and it has helped my skills too. i'd definitely reccommend it :)
havent done insanity though, cant speak much for that.

My brother is on the p90x diet and I'd say he's probably half way or 3/4th of the way through it and has already lost 25 pounds and has SO much more muscle definition in his arms and stomach. He was pretty in shape to begin with too so it's not just the whole heavy-people-lose-weight-faster thing. It was hard to stick to and he gives himself a small cheat meal once every so often but has pretty much stuck to the plan religiously and it's worked really well for him so I'd recommend it. I'm gonna do it myself this summer since I just graduated from all star :(

As far as Insanity, i can't speak about it because I have no experience with it, but I hear great things! But it looks so hard that i'd probably end up quitting :/ idk though. If anyone knows a lot about it, please write down below (and as far as prices for the videos too) because I'm curious.

Back