Partner Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 6, 2016
Sorry if this is a lame question or one that's been covered. I'm researching details for my next book that I'm having trouble finding.

For level 5 coed teams, with one man stunts /one hand does the flier have to stand on one leg. As in, can the base lift the flier and then they do a heel stretch while the base holds them with one hand. And if so, can a rotation be added on the way up?

And if they cannot hold them with one hand, are they okay to transition from one move to another while being based with on base who is using two hands(spotters on hand of course as well). As in could a base lift a flier and hold them with two hands for lib, and then have the base go into a scorpion?

I know this might now be "easy" or even something most people so, but I'm okay with that. I just want to make sure it is level appropriate.

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help me out on this one! I appreciate it so much!

Sorry if this is a lame question or one that's been covered. I'm researching details for my next book that I'm having trouble finding.

For level 5 coed teams, with one man stunts /one hand does the flier have to stand on one leg. As in, can the base lift the flier and then they do a heel stretch while the base holds them with one hand. And if so, can a rotation be added on the way up?

And if they cannot hold them with one hand, are they okay to transition from one move to another while being based with on base who is using two hands(spotters on hand of course as well). As in could a base lift a flier and hold them with two hands for lib, and then have the base go into a scorpion?

I know this might now be "easy" or even something most people so, but I'm okay with that. I just want to make sure it is level appropriate.

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help me out on this one! I appreciate it so much!

You can full up/double up to a one-man stunt in level 5 (I believe). I don't think you are allowed to do a 1-arm extended stunt (cupie) in level 5... but I am not 100% sure on that. Someone would need to clarify.

As for your second question - I am so confused..... the base is doing a scorpion while holding a flyer? To be honest, I have never seen that done.
.. But if you meant to say, can the flyer change body positions while in a 1-man stunt. The answer is yes.

You can full up/double up to a one-man stunt in level 5 (I believe). I don't think you are allowed to do a 1-arm extended stunt (cupie) in level 5... but I am not 100% sure on that. Someone would need to clarify.

As for your second question - I am so confused..... the base is doing a scorpion while holding a flyer? To be honest, I have never seen that done.
.. But if you meant to say, can the flyer change body positions while in a 1-man stunt. The answer is yes.

1-arm extended stunts are legal in level 5, but require a spotter.

Thanks for the answer. And yeah, I totally explained that in a way that was confusing. I meant the flyer would be doing a scorpion or other skill while the base was only holding them with one arm. Sometimes I forget how to use words when describing things. Another reason I love my editor! haha

Thanks for the answer. And yeah, I totally explained that in a way that was confusing. I meant the flyer would be doing a scorpion or other skill while the base was only holding them with one arm. Sometimes I forget how to use words when describing things. Another reason I love my editor! haha

Heel stretches are much more common in a one armed stunt than a sideways body position. Cupies/awesomes and libs are the most common though.
0ec12c9941bd83b286cf1bf5cc37c073--cheerleading-stunts-cheerleaders.jpg

Heel stretches are much more common in a one armed stunt than a sideways body position. Cupies/awesomes and libs are the most common though.
0ec12c9941bd83b286cf1bf5cc37c073--cheerleading-stunts-cheerleaders.jpg

Thanks! And yeah, I know it's usually a heel stretch or lib or things like that, so I wasn't sure if other things were allowed or not. I'm trying to thing of skills that are extra hard, but then I always worry if they're legal or not. And I want to make sure my books always make the mark on that front! :)

Back