High School Pep Rally Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2014
Looking for some ideas for a fun and hip pep rally dance...

It doesn't matter what we do stunt wise or jumps wise or tumbling wise...all we hear about is how amazing our dance team is. They are very talented girls, but so are our cheerleaders.

I think the only way for the girls to get a little recognition would be to do a "popular" song with the dance moves, etc.

Ideas?

Glad to know we are not the only school who has major talent, but constantly gets over looked because of the dance team.

This year for our pep rally, we are partnering up with our Special Needs club and they are gonna do the whip and nae nae. Not my choice, but I know the kids all love it, and the crowd will also love that our special needs kids are having such a fun time!

I came from a HS where it was cheer vs. dance team...Luckily at the school I coach the cheer and dance team are basically one. I literally have all but four girls from the dance team out for cheer. I feel like you just need to reach out to the dance coach maybe ask to put something together so that there can be a combined routine?

Looking for some ideas for a fun and hip pep rally dance...

It doesn't matter what we do stunt wise or jumps wise or tumbling wise...all we hear about is how amazing our dance team is. They are very talented girls, but so are our cheerleaders.

I think the only way for the girls to get a little recognition would be to do a "popular" song with the dance moves, etc.

Ideas?

OMG our school begs for the dance team... the problem is we have very limited time to prep for the homecoming pep rally.. They learned the Uptown Funk hip hop routine at camp but only about 4 out of the 18 girls do it well and it's a complete argument over it... They also want to stunt. I leave it in the hands of the captains to make a decision on what that want to do but they are overwhelmed that the 4 kids that know the dance aren't supporting any decision... I am going to have to make the call and it's just tough for me to do so b/c I am not a student and I agree something popular would be fun, but I also want them to look good.. I HATE PEP RALLYS!

OMG our school begs for the dance team... the problem is we have very limited time to prep for the homecoming pep rally.. They learned the Uptown Funk hip hop routine at camp but only about 4 out of the 18 girls do it well and it's a complete argument over it... They also want to stunt. I leave it in the hands of the captains to make a decision on what that want to do but they are overwhelmed that the 4 kids that know the dance aren't supporting any decision... I am going to have to make the call and it's just tough for me to do so b/c I am not a student and I agree something popular would be fun, but I also want them to look good.. I HATE PEP RALLYS!

Agreed--I only hate them because I feel like they take so much time, and our school posts the schedule for them so last minute or notifies me so last minute about having one that we literally have to pull so many last minute practices..Last week was homecoming for us and after that last pep rally on Friday I could of done a serious happy dance--homecoming week is over, yay..lol

Agreed--I only hate them because I feel like they take so much time, and our school posts the schedule for them so last minute or notifies me so last minute about having one that we literally have to pull so many last minute practices..Last week was homecoming for us and after that last pep rally on Friday I could of done a serious happy dance--homecoming week is over, yay..lol
Homecoming= Ugh :(

I came from a HS where it was cheer vs. dance team...Luckily at the school I coach the cheer and dance team are basically one. I literally have all but four girls from the dance team out for cheer. I feel like you just need to reach out to the dance coach maybe ask to put something together so that there can be a combined routine?
She could try something like the UCA&UDA/NCA&NDA annual combined routines.

Back