All-Star Poof/bump/pouf Tutorial

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

perfect....I need to see it....and Im a hairstylist...pathetic I am...I know...:/
Don't be too hard on yourself! My non-cheer hairstylist friend did my pouf for comp once, apparently she didn't realise that comp days are looooong, and sometimes sweaty, and we're also twisting/tumbling ... she's more used to weddings and fashion shoots. It was a disaster, my pouf looked like a hot mess that I slept in by the time I hit the floor for my final routine.

Okay, here's another pouf bump question:
I know it's easier to do it with dirty hair - like three days unwashed, not totally gross - but for two day comps, I can't NOT wash my hair after day one, making day two an absolute pouf nightmare. How does everyone deal with clean hair poufiness?

I just have to spray a ton of hair spray or gel to make it stay with clean hair I sprite mine with water too just to help get the shape before I put hair spray in

Anyone have good hairsprays with a good hold but aren't soo hard on your hair? Like BedHead or Tresseme?

(no teasing required)
I section off the hair that I want to poof, then put the rest back in a ponytail to keep it out of the way. I then take a clear super tiny elastic and tie it around the poof section. I push up the hair with the elastic in it and the poof is formed! This way you can easily control how big the poof is. Once you have the right size, Bobby pin it and hairspray it

Back