All-Star Posting scores

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
I am Venting!!!! Why does it take Varsity so long to complete posting scores? Spirit celebration ended around 8:20 pm. It’s after 11:30 pm and many world team scores aren’t posted. They charge $$$$ for everything and varsity tv is $$$$. At least post scores in a timely manner.

It’s midnight and the scores are still missing. :/

Is that a Varsity problem? Never seen something so problematic where I am...

Is that a Varsity problem? Never seen something so problematic where I am...
It's very hit and miss depending on the comp. I looked at the comps for this past weekend and some had them posted that evening or the next day, many are still not uploaded.

I understand wanting the numbers, only because I used to enjoy tracking the big competitors, but I found scores to be pretty useless since they don't translate outside of each individual comp. When there are 18 categories they're scored in, when scores can be .01 apart, and you don't get the judges notes, the scores tell you nothing, except point spread, at that particular comp and judge panel, in an unidentified category.

For day 1 of 2-day comps. you need scores to know rankings and compare. Are scores close or far apart, how are things looking for paid and at large world bids, etc.?

Last edited:
For day 1 of 2-day comps. you need scores to know rankings and compare. Are scores close or far apart, how are things looking for paid and at large world bids, etc.?
Rank is about all I will agree with when it comes to cheer and we get that at awards. I would agree with the remainder if all comps happened in one arena with one judge panel for paid and AL bids. However, most 2-day comps happen on multiple stages with multiple judge panels, and that's when I appreciate them not releasing scores if the scoring seems more conservative or liberal in one or more arenas.

Story time:
There once was a level 1 team that scored second highest only behind TGLC at a comp with a tumble bust which was missed. They did not end up getting the paid bid which caused an uproar with many, because their score was second highest. People get married to those scores, especially when money is involved. The level 1 team that got the paid bid was in a different arena with a lower score, with a judge panel that scored more conservatively, but definitely deserved the paid bid. For that reason alone, I appreciate them trying to get it right, instead of releasing scores from different judge panels just to appease people.

Unfortunately, no matter the cost, conservative/liberal judging happens in certain sports. Olympic skating has one rink and a couple of skaters, and is one of the most controversial Olympic sports when it comes to judging. I can't image the Olympic drama if multiple rinks, judge panels and twenty more skaters were added on the ice.

I am and will always be about transparency.
"Rank" is as transparent as a numerical score. If I give you a score of 92.3 you can't tell me what went right or wrong without the notes. Again, I get it, I get caught up in the numbers, as well, but I do understand cheer is unique in the sense there is no possible way to get precise judging with multiple judges, in multiple arenas, in a sport that has no end zone, home plate, target, etc.

I would be all for releasing scores with notes, and the understanding that all top contenders will be re-scored with one judge panel, but I don't think gym owners and coaches would be too excited about that.

Part of the issue with the comp this thread was referring to when it was started, is that the rankings weren't even released either. There was nothing for most divisions.
That I will 100% agree with, I was waiting on a Cheersport comp for results and replays and they just posted yesterday from this weekend.

I responded to the poster that specifically stated "scores," "gymnastics shares immediately," and "transparency." Her opinion is a very common one, but I stand by cheer comps are like no other sport with multiple judge panels, in multiple arenas, handing out paid bids. I rather have accurate versus fast, even if that means rescoring and waiting on those scores so the bids go to the correct team. My opinion is unpopular, but I stand by it.

That I will 100% agree with, I was waiting on a Cheersport comp for results and replays and they just posted yesterday from this weekend.

I responded to the poster that specifically stated "scores," "gymnastics shares immediately," and "transparency." Her opinion is a very common one, but I stand by cheer comps are like no other sport with multiple judge panels, in multiple arenas, handing out paid bids. I rather have accurate versus fast, even if that means rescoring and waiting on those scores so the bids go to the correct team. My opinion is unpopular, but I stand by it.
I think it was 2019 when Worlds rushed scores out for NT and there was a fairly obvious math error for third and they wound up having to give two teams bronze medals because they didn't want to retract the award after it was already announced. I felt so bad for everyone involved

Back