OT Potter Puzzle

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Siiiigh I love finding fellowe Potterheads, as obsessed with this stuff as I am. They are few and far between around here. God Bless this thread

Jumping into this thread to tell you all that I got access to Pottermore on Monday and oh my gawd, it is fabulous.

Let your jealousy commence. :p

"Fly" is the swedish word for escape. Maybe just a coincidense?

I think that's just a coincidence, but either way that's so cool! I love little things like that. :)

Jumping into this thread to tell you all that I got access to Pottermore on Monday and oh my gawd, it is fabulous.

Let your jealousy commence. :p

I still haven't gotten mine yet! Except my birthday is on Monday, and I'm kinda hoping I don't get it until then. It'd be the best birthday gift ever. :cool:

@coachFIERCE - if there was the opposite of a shimmy button, I'd press it so many times.... I ENVY YOU.
I guess I should be thankful that there isn't an opposite for the shimmy button; I think I'd have some major separation anxiety if I lost any of my 367 shimmies! :p If it makes you feel any better, this is still the beta phase, so I've been experiencing quite a few issues that have done a pretty good job of interrupting my overall Pottermore experience. Hopefully by the time others get in, most of the kinks (and by October, all of them) will have been worked out!

Pottermore is truly glorious and I can't wait for everyone else to experience it! The visuals are absolutely stunning, and I am positive that everyone will LOVE all the extra information J.K. Rowling has added! I'd recommend some Xanax for the Sorting Ceremony - it was SO very nerve-racking; depending on the outcome, I was ready to go through a serious "OMG WHO AM I?!" crisis. Luckily, my ridiculous questions of "heads or tails" and whatnot sorted me into one of the two houses I'd always thought I had the attributes of, so crisis averted! :D

@sizzles - Best of luck getting your welcome email soon! That would be SO awesome if you got in on your birthday - what a gift, indeed!

OMG!!! What if I end up in Slytherin????? I can't take that kind of pressure. It all rides on a "heads or tails"??????
I know, right?! I was ready to FREAK OUT when the "heads or tails" question popped up... how could that question even possibly determine what house you're in?! Luckily, it's not the only question... I had either seven or eight that I had to answer. And there weren't always four answers to each question, either - sometimes there were two, other times there were seven. So I'm not quite sure of the "secret formula" used in determining the houses through the answers, but I have faith anyway - J.K. created the quiz herself, after all!

Hey now, Slytherin isn't all that bad. They are known for their traditionalism, resourcefulness and ambition. Slytherin just has a bad rep because of the people who come out of Slytherin...

Wouldn't it be cool if FierceBoard had houses? :p

Hey now, Slytherin isn't all that bad. They are known for their traditionalism, resourcefulness and ambition. Slytherin just has a bad rep because of the people who come out of Slytherin...

Wouldn't it be cool if FierceBoard had houses? :p
two of the houses would have to be CEA and WC coloured...

Id say the colors would be:
Black and Gold
Black and Red
Black and Blue
Black and Green

That way you get almost everyones team colors. Teal people can pick blue or green. I mean CEA's uniforms were originally black and greenish...

Then we should have contests so we can get house points. Omg, I would go all out for this.

Still waiting on my Pottermore Welcome email but I want it nowww!

They posted today that they sent out more emails but sadly, not mine :(

"Malfoy" means "Bad fate" or "Ill fated" in French!!

And "Voldemort" means "Flight of Death"

WARNING: THIS POST HAS SPOILERS. Just in case you haven't read a book that came out four years ago. :)

Voldemort, Snape, and Harry all represent the brothers in The Tale of the Three Brothers. Voldemort is the first, with his thirst for power, Snape is the second with his longing for a women who has passed, and Harry is the third with his only wish being to survive.

Fred and George were born on April Fool's Day.

Dementors are allegories for Jo Rowling's clinical depression she suffered from while writing the first book.

Quidditch's name is from it's three balls: Quaffle, Bludger, and Snitch.

The Mirror of Erised is desire spelled backwards. The inscription around it reads, "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi". Backwards, this is, "I show not your face but your heart's desire."

The color of the spell "Expelliarmus" is red; "Avada Kedavra" is green. Gryffindor and Slytherin's colors are red and green respectively.

Seven is the most powerful magical number. The reason Ginny is such a powerful witch is because she's the seventh child.

In French, Voldemort means "flight of death" or "fly from death".

Harry, Ron, and Hermione's wands are made of holly, ash, and vine respectively. These woods correspond with their birthdays on the Celtic calender. Draco's hawthorn wand does as well, though this was unintentional.

"Mosmorde", the spell to make the Dark Mark appear, means "take a bit out of death" in French.

That's all I can think of right now...clearly I'm not a Potterhead. :cool:

"Malfoy" means "Bad Fate" or "Ill fated" in French!! AP French Representt:)

Back