Members see FEWER ads... join today!

L

Lisa Welsh

Read Full Article...

By Lisa D. Welsh

www.CHEERMaD.com
Circle of Love
Please leave prayers on the above link:

Coach AJ at Athletic Championships in January receiving a donation collected from the audience.
Throughout the 2011-2012 cheer season, cheer moms and dads donated to the LYMI fund to raise funds for Coach AJ whose only hope was a surgical procedure that was very expensive. It was heartwarming as gyms from all over the country fundraised and companies like Varsity donated to help raise the money for the surgery.
Here’s the latest: Prayers for Coach AJ as she goes through surgery today…(includes posts from earlier this week)

AJ and Kyle in January shortly after they became engaged.
MONDAY: Kyle arrived on Saturday! Message from Amy: No matter what God throws my way it will all be ok cause he also blessed me with Kyle and for that i am eternally grateful! Thank you for ways giving me hope and never letting me slip down these scary roads! I never get to say life is not fair cause as long as i have you, life is pretty damn good!! …. Truly a match made in heaven!!! < ♥>
TUESDAY: Here is the latest update on Amy (in a nutshell): The blood clots that had formed broke through her colon wall, which has been one of the causes of so much pain! The plan right now is for surgery on Thursday to repair the tear. A biopsy will also be done at the same time. Amy will need a colostomy bag after the surgery, but the super fantastic awesome Doctor is doing everything he can in hopes that the colostomy bag will only be temporary! After surgery the chemo will be restarted. Which means a long healing process! …. Unfortunately Kyle now has a sinus infection and has to stay away as not to infect Amy. But her Mom (Sue) is with her, and actually has been spending the night!! …. The good news: Amy & Kyle are staying in Connecticut and they already have a new place to move into in Coventry!! (Thank you, Sarah & Jeff, perfect timing) …. Keep those prayers coming, they are working!! Especially right at 12:00 Noon: Amy Time!! BIG HUGS AND THANKS TO ALL OF OUR LYMI PEEPS!! LYMI < ♥>
THURSDAY (4/5/12)
Amy is in surgery now! Will be a few hours: Father, I pray that you touch Amy as she battles cancer and has surgery today, heal her and grant her calm to make it through. I pray for all the doctors and nurses taking care of her. I pray for her family and fiance that God will comfort them today and the days ahead! LY-God-MI Amen < ♥>
Message from Kyle: Just want to say thank u from both, her family and I for all the kind words, thoughts and prayers…with that being said today’s the day Amy goes into surgery/biopsy too. So if u guys wouldn’t mind double, triple and quadruple up on those prayers for us! We’d def appreciate it and as always LYMI xoxo
AJ’s surgery went well, nice and quick… She currently has the colostomy bag, temporarily right now, to let her fistula try to heal up. we r waiting for results of biopsy to come around next week! Keep the prayers coming, LYMI! (LOVE YOU MEAN IT)
To Make a Donation:
Donations can be made http://fundly.com/amyjones or, can be sent to: LYMI Fund c/o East Celebrity Elite 1434 Hartford New London Turnpike Oakdale, CT 06370 Tax ID# 45-1180531
Description
In January 2011 Amy Jones (known as AJ to her teams) was diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer.
Amy is a gymnast who started at the age of 7. She has coached gymnastics for many years and was a member of the ECSU (Eastern Connecticut State University) dance team. At East Celebrity Elite Gym in Oakdale, CT she coaches all aged members, beginners through advanced; as well as, cheerleaders, dancers, tumblers. Amy is also a member of the Worlds Team, Fame.
Amy has always encouraged her “kids” to do their best and she expects nothing less. She is a strong enthusiastic Coach who has touched the lives of so many children and impressed so many parents and other Coaches.
Determined not to let this keep her down, in March 2011 Amy went to team practices with a bag strapped around her neck which included a line that ran into a port in her chest so she could receive medication throughout the day. Many medications and dosages were changed along the way due to allergic reactions. Amy later refused to miss the 2011 Worlds Competition in April. The team was so inspired by her tenacity and dedication they were determined to “win it all for AJ!”, and they did!!
The cheer and dance teams Amy coaches have claimed numerous National and Grand Championship wins. In April 2011 her senior hip hop dance team became Two Time World Champions after also winning it in 2010! A feat not done by any other coach in the cheer and dance industry!
Upon coming home Amy had surgery to remove a tumor. After this surgery Amy was in a significant amount of pain, not being able to sit or stand. She also now had a colostomy bag. Amy was attending weekly appointments where she would sit for hours and be infused with chemotherapy medication. But she was still getting to team practices as often as she could! Shortly after her last surgery Amy became short of breathe, the cancer had metastasized to her lungs. Obviously, this created more tests, more Doctor visits and more medications. While at work if she didn’t feel well she refused to show it. She told her boss one day ”I forget I’m even sick when I am with my kids.” This is the love she has for her job and her teams!!
Amy’s cancer has now again spread and it is understood that the chemotherapy is no longer working.
Her hope is now a clinical trial that has been proven to be very effective. She was recently accepted as a candidate and moved to Houston, TX. Since this treatment is a “clinic trial” it is not covered by her insurance. Again, Amy refused to let it keep her grounded, she flew back to Connecticut to work with her teams the week before Worlds 2012. At this point she was so weak she needed a wheelchair through the airport.
It was her family who have always said, “Love you, mean it!” Because you can’t say “Love you!” without meaning it! And Amy now shares that sentiment with everyone she meets. The staff and kids from her gym, the dance team in Texas where she was asked to come in and share some of her techniques, and, most of all, her family and friends!!
Amy’s spirit and positive attitude is amazing. Or, as her family likes to say AMY-zing. She is determined to beat this!!!
Amy was so honored by the response of the first fundraiser that her dream is to continue the LYMI Fund after she is cured. She would like to have a fund for athletes in the cheer and dance industry that might also become ill so she could give back to the kids she loves so much, and means it!!
Donations made payable to the LYMI Fund can be sent to:
LYMI Fund
1434 Hartford New London Turnpike
Oakdale, CT 06370
Tax ID# 45-1180531.
Or go to: http://fundly.com/amyjones
Contact us: [email protected]
THANK YOU!!! LYMI <♥>

Back