All-Star Prayers For East Coast Gyms And Families

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so i haven't had power (or fierceboard..) since saturday & i still don't so i'm going nuts. we've been told to not expect power until at least friday & it could be a week (school is supposed to start thursday.. wednesday for freshman) i'm finally able to charge stuff since i'm at work with my parents & they have power. 2 trees on our property fell luckily they didn't hit the house only some big branches did. all hotels near me are booked so we're just dealing. hope everyone else is okay! don't know when i'll be back on after i leave my parents office:confused:

You know, it really bothers me that people are saying this was just a thunderstorm, or it was just some rain.
I really have to agree with you on this.

I absolutely agree as well. So many people were tweeting stuff like "so irene, where are you?" or "thats it?! i wanted more". I honestly just wanted to be like, well sorry you slept through the severe stuff, but why don't you go look outside at all the branches and trees in the road and figure out how many people are without power before you say you want more... people can be ridiculous sometimes.

I saw on Facebook a video of Nuchie's and Garnish and all that stuff in Forestville..it's a complete RIVER. Heard Mix St was awful too, and I've got to head to SP today to help my mum with VB practice. Hope it's cleared :(

I feel so sad for that guy, and it makes me sadder that it was easily preventable.

Headed to St. Paul? your mom coaches there? my husband coaches there too - boys basketball.

My neighbors tree fell onto his car...I feel so lucky. It's slightly surreal. Yesterday was crazy, and today is sunny and really nice out. Oh, mother nature.

Headed to St. Paul? your mom coaches there? my husband coaches there too - boys basketball.
My mum is the JV Coach for girls volleyball..since I won't be going back to the city for a while I'll be there on days I'm not working. Also scoping out the cheer team (off to a beginner's start lol).. The drive was clear although there are still PLENTY of trees down..

Did your husband start coaching recently? It's been ages since I've been to a boys basketball game and I don't remember him from when I was there (4-5 very LONG years ago haha)..

My school was cancelled for today (which isn't that big of a deal since it was just freshmen that were going today) because of power outages and possible road blockage. My power was out for over 30 hours and some kids in my school have been posting on facebook that they still don't have power but I doubt they'll cancel tomorrow. The biggest concern about today was clearing roads that were effected by the storm since cleanup was delayed a lot because of the storm. I live pretty much in the woods, surrounded by trees so we got really lucky to just have a few branches in the road but other areas were worst. We lost A LOT of trees in the ice storm in 2008 when we were out of power for at least 5 days.. probably more. So 30 hours wasn't too bad at all for us.

My mum is the JV Coach for girls volleyball..since I won't be going back to the city for a while I'll be there on days I'm not working. Also scoping out the cheer team (off to a beginner's start lol).. The drive was clear although there are still PLENTY of trees down..

Did your husband start coaching recently? It's been ages since I've been to a boys basketball game and I don't remember him from when I was there (4-5 very LONG years ago haha)..
he's been coaching 8 or 9 years. he's the jv coach and assistant varsity coach. you should help with the cheerleaders. they need someone!

I absolutely agree as well. So many people were tweeting stuff like "so irene, where are you?" or "thats it?! i wanted more". I honestly just wanted to be like, well sorry you slept through the severe stuff, but why don't you go look outside at all the branches and trees in the road and figure out how many people are without power before you say you want more... people can be ridiculous sometimes.

35 deaths (children included) and billions of dollars in damages is far beyond "a little storm".

he's been coaching 8 or 9 years. he's the jv coach and assistant varsity coach. you should help with the cheerleaders. they need someone!
I would LOVE to..but I know one of the people in charge and I don't think..ah, that the 'dynamic' would work well. She's a mom who coaches and I never thought she did it well, personally. Her daughter's def a Suzie, actually pretty talented but had ZERO drive as a freshman and a TERRIBLE 'tude. I was running my 5k training program today and every lap I would think in my head 'Sharpen up your motions!' 'Look like you're HAPPY to be there!' 'LOCK OUT YOUR KNEES FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS..' I am SUCH an armchair coach haha.. Plus I'll only be there for this season before I go 'home' to the city. I at least get my coaching kicks with volleyball..you should come see a game!!

To keep on topic..I got SO mad at some people's statuses. Like REALLY? I'm sorry there wasn't enough damage for you..I'm sorry people's deaths didn't impact you enough, I'm sorry someone's home and personal stability wasn't destroyed enough for your amusement..Goodness GRACIOUS. Mother Nature's wrath comes at a price for SOMEONE. And if it had been you, I think you would have been peeved at people's reactions too. I am GRATEFUL to have power today and yesterday. That the massive tree in my front yard stands strong when it could have broken off a large branch destroying my living room and injuring or killing a member of my family. My basement suffered dead-minimal flooding..I would gladly say 'Well, that wasn't too bad' then be crying at gut-wrenching loss of property and life. I'm sure the people suffering from other natural disasters would gladly trade for your lack of hurricane with the destruction of their entire lives. *stomps off soapbox* :mad:

day 3 without power.. still many trees & lines down. a bunch of people told me they got calls from the school actually saying no school until next week since we were supposed to start thursday but then other people only got one that said freshman orientation on wednesday was cancelled so i honestly don't know what's going on. the school system site just says they haven't made a decision yet but if they didn't then why was their a phone call going around saying they did..:confused:

day 3 without power.. still many trees & lines down. a bunch of people told me they got calls from the school actually saying no school until next week since we were supposed to start thursday but then other people only got one that said freshman orientation on wednesday was cancelled so i honestly don't know what's going on. the school system site just says they haven't made a decision yet but if they didn't then why was their a phone call going around saying they did..:confused:

I would go by what the school site says. They know a lot of people are without phone service, and should update the site accordingly. You can always tell them that you went by what it said on the site. Then the burden lies in their hands to handle updates properly.
Good luck, sweetie!

I would go by what the school site says. They know a lot of people are without phone service, and should update the site accordingly. You can always tell them that you went by what it said on the site. Then the burden lies in their hands to handle updates properly.
Good luck, sweetie!

thanks mom! :)

How did everyone fare through the storm? We lost power and gas, for like three days. Since I live right by the beach our entire neighborhood was flooded past my knees and I'm tall! People were out kayaking through the streets because it was so high! At our neighborhood beach we have a dock that people like to swim out to, someone who lived right next the beach had a broken fence because the dock slammed up against it. Hopefully everyone gets power back soon!

WOO finally getting on the boards after a weekend of Red Sox, Countryfest, and.... a Hurricane? WOAH. Not used to this. My town (small town in MA on the border of NH) is okay as a whole, just a lot of trees down. My house/street however, is a different story. Basemen'st flooded, ceiling leaked in one room (although we've needed a new roof in that part for awhile, I guess it's time), 5 trees down (one just barely missed my car :eek:) and to top it all off.... an electrical wire snapped on the one pole on our street. My street is tiny, and there are only 5 houses, but we're all connected to this one utility pole. So, wire snaps about 930am Sunday. It's now 8pm Tuesday, and we still don't have power. Only street in town without it, but since we're an "isolated incident" it's going to take at least a week to fix it. Luckily, my parents were able to hunt down a 5000watt (is it even watts? lol) generator which we started last night so now we can at least turn on lights and our fridge/freezers! Very crazy stuff, Ms. Irene.

Oh, and to those saying "it's just rain, blahblah", all I have to say is I'm very thankful the news hyped it up as much as they did, because we were able to go out and get batteries, water, etc, which held us over until the generator came. If they said it was going to be 'just rain', we would've been completely in the dark with no water for at least 2 days. Not fun.

Latest posts

Back