Privates, Or Cheer Prep?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Should I do privates or the prep class?

• Total voters
Jul 2, 2012
Hi! So, I am looking to get my standing tuck and ro bhs tuck before april for my high school tryouts. I was originally going to take private lessons once a week (from a former cheer captain at my school) for 30 minutes. Now I have the option to go to a cheer prep class at an allstar gym once a week for 2 hrs. They spend 1 hr on tumbling and 1 hr on stunting, motions, and jumps. They also offer a tumbling camp like once a month for 4 hrs, but that is extra $. I am looking for your guys' opinions on which would get me the skills the fastest. Thank you :)

The class sounds like the better option since its with real coaches at a gym and its also longer. Privates help but 30 minutes is like no time... I look at it this way. 10 minutes to stretch, 10 to warm up your tumbling you have and then that basically leaves you with 10 to work on your new skills... Plus if I read that correctly its just with a former cheerleader and not a coach that knows what theyre doing. I think the class would be a better option.

I totally agree with SmileyRyleigh and think you should go to the All Star Gym. Coaches get certification and training to teach you skills properly, and are usually insured which is a HUGE plus. That being said, if this former cheerleader is in college and trained I see no problem with taking classes from her, although I think you would get more out of the All Star gym. Cheerleading is SO much more than pretty tucks, motions and stunting play a large part of it. Once you are on the team the more you know the further you will go with your stunt groups.

Back