Question About "positions"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

OR...you could bring out a scale and weigh every girl at every practice. The numbers don't lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what you mean. At our gym all you need to be to fly is the coaches daughter

Well that escalated quickly...welcome to the board @stormy

OR...you could bring out a scale and weigh every girl at every practice. The numbers don't lie.

Hey now, is this All-Star Cheerleading or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders?

Well that escalated quickly...welcome to the board @stormy

Hey now, is this All-Star Cheerleading or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders?

Most people don't know the difference. What's a little body shaming amongst flawless adult females? They can take it.

I was actually told that a certain Allstar gym does that. Weigh their cheerleaders! If its true its uncalled for in my opinion

This does not surprise me. With all things equal among higher level flyers...meaning they all have good technique, good core strength and flexibility, then the lightest ones are probably going to be the ones who fly. While I agree that dividing the weight among 3 people shouldn't be too tough for anyone who has been properly trained...there is still the consideration that it takes more strength and effort to lift someone who weighs 120 pounds than it does to lift someone who weighs 90 pounds.

It really stinks for great flyers who are now 16-17 years old and who are very 'normal' weights for their height to lose their positions to the 12 year old 80 pounders...but that's the nature of this sport.

This discussion came up on my daughter's team recently among the girls. While no one asked weights the flyers all volunteered what they weighed and there was quite a range! As it turns out the stunt group that is struggling the most is the one who stunts the heaviest flyer (and she is in NO WAY big!!). But with elite level stunts, those bases are huffing and puffing when they are done with the stunt section, then they run off to do big tumbling. Basing is a HARD job!!

Back