OT quotes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
I know there was a topic on the old board about this, but I couldnt find one on here and i loved that thread soo post your favorite quotes here! They dont have to do with cheerleading or anything but i think all of mine can relate haha :)

some of mine are..

"Hard work triumphs over natural talent when natural talent refuses to work hard."
"The day you take responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top."
"We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit."
"Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible." <3favorite.

"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you aren't good enough, strong enough, or talented enough; They will say you are the wrong height, or the wrong weight, or the wrong type to play this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES." - Nike.

LOVEEE that one

no really a quote but its from Make it or break it and i liked it :)

"when you look in the mirror, what do you see? do you see a pretty 16 year old girl with lots of options and distracions? or do you see a champion? and when you ask yourself what do you want, do you think i want a boyfriend, some new clothes, a day off! or do you think i want to win? because those are the only to questions! who am i? im a champion and what do i want? i want to win! so who are you?"

may not be word for word, was off the top of my head :)

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

"Kites fly highest against the wind, not with it." - Winston Churchill

"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An
artist says a hard thing in a simple way." - Charles Bukowski

"The only person who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen." - Nike

"Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else." - Judy Garland

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top.” - OJ Simpson

Pretty much all of Lil Waynes No Quitter, Go Getter lyrics but these are my favoite parts,

"I'm goin for the gold, My heart is in control, My mind is on succeed and I am in the lead"
"If I don't do it now, I'm a try it again and when I do accomplish it, I'm a try it again"
"And I'm no quitter cause I'm a go I'm a go I'm a go getta"

& some of my other favortie quotes are,

-Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.
-Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.
-Death is not the biggest fear we have; our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive -- the risk to be alive and express what we really are.

2legit2quit said:
"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

"Kites fly highest against the wind, not with it." - Winston Churchill

"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An
artist says a hard thing in a simple way." - Charles Bukowski

"The only person who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen." - Nike

"Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else." - Judy Garland

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to the top.” - OJ Simpson

Just about to post this quote & then saw you had already posted it! :) haha It actually might be my school grad quote this year, I'm soo excited!! A few of my other favorites are

"The life and love we create is the life and love we live."
--Leo Buscaglia

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
--Henry David Thoreau
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"a set back is a set up for a comeback" (i always tell myself this if we've had a rough practice, rough warmup, or 1st day at competition)

"opportunity involves some risk. you can't steal second and keep your foot on first"

this doesn't have to do with cheer or anything, but i really love it..
"you are beautiful just the way you are. regardless of what you do or don't do. past presesnt and future. no matter where you go. even on your not so good days. whatever you choose. with all your unique qualities. simply because you are you"

"someone is looking up to you. don't let that person down"

"I hated every minute of the training, but i said to myself,Don't quit. Suffer now. And live the rest of your life as a CHAMPION!" - Muhammed Ali

Back