Robhs Full Tips?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 7, 2012
I'm currently working on my full right now, and I've landed it by myself a couple of times, but a lot of times I go back. When I do my layout, I take it up really high, so then I ended up working on fulls. Any tips or thoughts on what I could do to take it up in fulls?

You could be pulling before your set is high enough, maybe if a Tumble Track is an option practice on that for a couple times to get a better feel? That's kinda rough haha. Good luck!

Make sure you're finishing your back handspring and your set. In your layout, recognize where you are when your arms close for your layout. This should be roughly around the 9 o'clock position (toes at 9). That's where you initiate your twist. If you're not rushing your twist, and you are finishing your back handspring and your set, and not having any issues with the twist, then you should land your full the same as your layout.

My cp is having the same problem. she continues to block on the full. Has landed it a few times but will end up in a layout or doing a half. She is getting very frustrated right now. She seems to block worse on the tumble track so her coach put her back on the floor to do it. Its driving her nuts...and its frustrating for me because I can't help her

Back