All-Star S/o Release Discussion Re: Worlds Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Compromise:

If you are a parent/athlete that would like the ability to change Worlds teams mid-season when you decide your personal interests would best be served elsewhere, then download a waiver form. Before tryouts each season, take said form to the owner of the gym where you are trying out. Tell the owner that unless they sign this "get-out-of-worlds-commitment-free" card for you ahead of time, then you are taking your business elsewhere.
I actually know someone that did something similar to that. They did it at the end of October because the first competition was after November 1st.

This isnt rocket science send an email out to gym owners reguarding new policy. Thats it. And there is no need to police new policy, if a gym doesnt have a signed and dated policy kid is released ..done.

What's makes you think all gyms have email? Or they have the working email for the gym?

Out of the the 2500 guesstimated gyms out there that participate in Allstar I 'think' the USASF has 1000-1500 emails. A good chunk get returned. Last time I asked it was last year at a meeting but I can't imagine things have improved overall that much.

5000 coach emails for rules voting? I can't remember how many responded and how many we're returned from an invalid address. But consider most gyms have about 3 - 4 coaches at least and there's 2500 ish gyms that means a minimum 7500 to 10000 coaches. It's very hard to organize a late group of people who've never been organize before.

5000 coach emails for rules voting? I can't remember how many responded and how many we're returned from an invalid address. But consider most gyms have about 3 - 4 coaches at least and there's 2500 ish gyms that means a minimum 7500 to 10000 coaches. It's very hard to organize a late group of people who've never been organize before.
Ok wow had no idea email would be difficult. ok post it front page of web site

Ok wow had no idea email would be difficult. ok post it front page of web site

I'm afraid there is a lot you don't know about. When I tell you the rule is the way it is there is a lot of reasoning and back story you dont know about.

PS - not a ton go to the website compared to this board. Tis a shame because the board is NOT official.

I'm afraid there is a lot you don't know about. When I tell you the rule is the way it is there is a lot of reasoning and back story you dont know about.

PS - not a ton go to the website compared to this board. Tis a shame because the board is NOT official.
kingston I have to believe you are being difficult for the fun of it. R u really saying that in todays day and age you have no way to get ahold of the usasf gym owners??? ok lets send up smoke signals :)

kingston I have to believe you are being difficult for the fun of it. R u really saying that in todays day and age you have no way to get ahold of the usasf gym owners??? ok lets send up smoke signals :)

A message forum called 'fierce board' is one of the best places to get information in the industry and you think I'm kidding or being difficult that it's hard to communicate with gyms because this place gets more traffic than just about any other website about Allstar Cheerleading?

I'm being completely serious.

A message forum called 'fierce board' is one of the best places to get information in the industry and you think I'm kidding or being difficult that it's hard to communicate with gyms because this place gets more traffic than just about any other website about Allstar Cheerleading?

I'm being completely serious.
If its true that the usasf has no way to get in touch with its members then they have a MAJOR problem.

If its true that the usasf has no way to get in touch with its members then they have a MAJOR problem.

They are not all members. Lots of gyms aren't members. They can still make up a sizable portion of money for the smaller event producers.

There is nothing stopping someone from opening up a Cheerleading gym with no experience. There is also nothing stopping anyone from putting on a competition. It may not be USASF sanctioned but if you are in a remote enough area you can still get 50 to 75 teams to come and make money.

It's not like there is this grand unified universal together thing that is so well organized. We're about as tightly bound as the US right after the revolutionary war.

They are not all members. Lots of gyms aren't members. They can still make up a sizable portion of money for the smaller event producers.

There is nothing stopping someone from opening up a Cheerleading gym with no experience. There is also nothing stopping anyone from putting on a competition. It may not be USASF sanctioned but if you are in a remote enough area you can still get 50 to 75 teams to come and make money.

It's not like there is this grand unified universal together thing that is so well organized. We're about as tightly bound as the US right after the revolutionary war.
would it be safe to assume that if there was a new rule on releases it would only apply mostly to gyms part of the usasf? R there many gyms that go to worlds that r not members?

would it be safe to assume that if there was a new rule on releases it would only apply mostly to gyms part of the usasf? R there many gyms that go to worlds that r not members?

Everyone at worlds will be a member. That does not mean everyone is happy being a member, gym or EPs, and will stay a member if more rules are pushed out. It's a lot more complicated than do A and B will happen.

Back