Safety Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you all again. Yes it has been stressful. Hopefully though it will all be resolved today. If not, I will definitely take you up on your offer of calling the school district, CheerSafety. I have addressed, in writing, closed practices and camp and offered what I believe to be the fair compromise of another trained adult being present at both. Hopefully they will agree and she can stay in cheer. Don't get me wrong, the coach will probably always hate me now, but that I can tolerate that. Thanks again. I really, truly appreciate this board.
Have you quietly discussed with any of the other parents of the athletes? There may be strength in numbers. Hope it works out...good luck.

I have, thanks. I completely agree. I think presenting a calm, respectful, and united front is our best hope of getting things done. After all, no one is asking for anything unreasonable. Just the basics.

A lot of the Moms are afraid to say anything for fear of it coming back to bite their kids. In all fairness, she picked on mine while hurt because she was mad at me, so I can see where they would get that. Some must have made some calls though, as when the Principle and AD met with her they addressed some other things that I wasn't willing to battle for and didn't even mention - like the practice schedule and some outside people she announced we would be paying to come once a week to help with tumbling and building. I'm hoping enough of them did so they'll require that other adult.

Back