All-Star Scoresheets - Cheersport

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It would be a bigger hassle for the EPs, but they could have an opt-in (or opt-out) system where ONLY the coaches' teams who volunteered were included in a report. If you volunteered for your own scores to be reported, you got to see every other coaches' teams who volunteered as well. If you didn't allow your own teams scores to show, then you didn't get to see anyone else's.

It still absolutely baffles me why ANY coach would not want to know with certainty why they won or lost. I get the whole idea of being fearful of change or innovation, but seriously?

It would be a bigger hassle for the EPs, but they could have an opt-in (or opt-out) system where ONLY the coaches' teams who volunteered were included in a report. If you volunteered for your own scores to be reported, you got to see every other coaches' teams who volunteered as well. If you didn't allow your own teams scores to show, then you didn't get to see anyone else's.

It still absolutely baffles me why ANY coach would not want to know with certainty why they won or lost. I get the whole idea of being fearful of change or innovation, but seriously?
That would definitely be a step in the right direction, It really wouldnt take anytime for the EPs to put the scores on a sheet and print them out if they are already in a computer...

Anyone remember the figure skating judging scandal? That's what it's going to take in the cheer world for scores to be transparent. In skating, the unfair judging went on for DECADES before it came to light and was changed. I would, obviously, hope that isn't the case in cheer...but anything could happen. When I judge I fill out my sheets and turn them in, that's the last I see of them. I never see the other judge's scores and I never see my sheets again.
In my ideal world there is a universal judging training system, and judges are assigned an ID number. They must put their ID # on every score sheet. Then once the EPs scan the sheets and make them available, the judges can see their sheets as well and be sure that nothing was altered. I've never had a score of mine changed (to my knowledge), but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened somewhere at some point in time!

Since the eps aren't doing it for us yet, would you like to trade scores of your small jr 1 with me?

I really don't see what the big deal is I go up to coaches all the time and ask them to see there score sheets and though I sometimes just surprised looks for bystanders I have never had anyone tell me no. It honestly doesn't matter the next time u compete the score sheet will probably look completely different, were all in this for the same reason. I want my competition to try and beat me, if i want to avoid a challenge I would go to high school gym comps where I knew I would win and I didn't have to walk 30 min to get out of the building. So yes, j definitely think all coaches should be procure to there divisions scores. One way eps may agree to is to show the category scores w/o names. So while we still don't know how a particular team beat us we will be able to see where we need to improve. Ex. We had the 3rd highest stunt score, the second highest tumble score etc

... I've never had a score of mine changed (to my knowledge), but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened somewhere at some point in time!

Eek, that part is not a good thought! If I were a judge, I would most certainly like to know the same thing about scores I submitted!

All i have to say is who ever the panel in B5 for Small Coed Division II must have bee picked up off the street. The scores were crazy and teams that should not have been placed high were placed high. thats all im going to say cause if i say to much ill be calling out programs. but really cheersport was messed up this year.

Are you more upset that they were so close to smoke or that they finished ahead of your team? Honestly?

I don't actually have my scoresheets lol. I remember our ranges for the most part though....

Weird, at Cheer Evolution Events in Canada we get a breakdown of scores by judge for each team in our division attached to the back of our own scoresheet, It is extremely helpful and just assumed this was the norm....I guess not

Myself and BlueCat discussed, viewed and even photoed each others score sheets. They beat us, and I just want to say thank you for not only sharing but discussing.

Myself and BlueCat discussed, viewed and even photoed each others score sheets. They beat us, and I just want to say thank you for not only sharing but discussing.

We were very fortunate to outscore them, as they are a ridiculously good team. They wanted to know why they didn't win and, just as importantly, we wanted to know precisely why we won. It won't do much for this coming weekend, but if we ever return to CHEERSPORT, that will be valuable information. It shouldn't have to take two sets of coaches taking time out of their day and sitting down with their iPhones cameras out just to get answers to those questions.

Outside of injuries, my worst nightmare is facing a devastated team I coach and simply not being able to tell them why we were outscored. I can handle one of our teams getting beaten. We have more major wins than most programs, but we also have been a close 2nd or 3rd many more times than most programs as well. I do NOT like being bewildered by results and not knowing what to do to keep it from happening again. You can study video & your own scoresheets/score systems until you're blue in the face (we do), but unless you specifically know what other teams' scores are, you can only guess at why results turn out the way they do.

BlueCat said:
We were very fortunate to outscore them, as they are a ridiculously good team. They wanted to know why they didn't win and, just as importantly, we wanted to know precisely why we won. It won't do much for this coming weekend, but if we ever return to CHEERSPORT, that will be valuable information. It shouldn't have to take two sets of coaches taking time out of their day and sitting down with their iPhones cameras out just to get answers to those questions.

Outside of injuries, my worst nightmare is facing a devastated team I coach and simply not being able to tell them why we were outscored. I can handle one of our teams getting beaten. We have more major wins than most programs, but we also have been a close 2nd or 3rd many more times than most programs as well. I do NOT like being bewildered by results and not knowing what to do to keep it from happening again. You can study video & your own scoresheets/score systems until you're blue in the face (we do), but unless you specifically know what other teams' scores are, you can only guess at why results turn out the way they do.

Preach brother BlueCat. I couldn't have said it any better. Another coach and I plan to meet soon to compare scoresheets from this season so we can get some perspective. With both of our busy schedules though, it's hard to actually find quality time for it.

Back