All-Star Secret Diary Of An American Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don't knock Glee. When I was in HS cheerleaders always wore their uniform on Fridays. How are you so quick to judge Glee? Maybe they only film on Fridays.

Gleek <3

Trust me, I'm a gleek too! Just stating a trend I am seeing. At my school, we only wear our warm ups for home games. Never uniforms!

i cringed a few times during the part with the high school cheerleaders. the "she didn't make allstar" and "you should come cheer for the tornadoes" lines seemed cheesy and like every other movie/show about cheerleading written by people who only vaguely know about cheerleading. the acting wasn't great. but ill probably keep watching anyway. its cute and not terrible and the episodes are short so i can watch them to kill a little time if im bored somewhere.

Some states (like Illinois) You can't do both. Well... you can... but if your HS teams competes, you can't do Allstars until February. This sucks because Illinois High Schools have SOOO MUCH talent.
That's CRAZY! Why would a state mandate that? What possible reason could they give for not letting you cheer on your football team and compete all stars?

I didn't like the way they made high school cheerleaders seem not good enough. A lot of high school cheerleaders chose to not do all star for their own reasons, not because they're not good enough
Yeah that threw me off too. That one girl was like, "they're just mad because they didn't make it." Last I checked you pretty much always make a team when you try out for all stars.

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to add in the silly cheer drama? Honestly, the only people who probably watched this show (it's a random , 5 minute web show on an obscure website) are cheerleaders. Why not just focus soley on the sport?

I didn't like the way they made high school cheerleaders seem not good enough. A lot of high school cheerleaders chose to not do all star for their own reasons, not because they're not good enough
Allstars=$. And lots of it. My senior year my mom told me I could either do allstars or go to college. The fact that I even hesitated for a spilt second when responding to this information greatly concerned my parents...:rolleyes:

Edited: Don't feel bad for me, I was lucky enough to have done allstars since I was 8, taking my senior year off for HS cheer wasn't life-shattering. Plus, now, I get to cheer in college!

That's CRAZY! Why would a state mandate that? What possible reason could they give for not letting you cheer on your football team and compete all stars?

Cheerleading is a sport in Illinois high schools, and my understanding is that you're not allowed to play a club sport at the same time you're playing a high school sport... So no club volleyball games during high school volleyball season, no travel baseball games during high school baseball season, no all-star cheerleading competitions when you're competing with your high school cheer team, etc. I didn't cheer at my high school and never participated in sports there either, so while I'm fairly certain that's the rule, I may be a little off.

On my high school team, you couldn't do both. Not that it was a rule set by the school or state, you just couldn't. Practices are mandatory and if it overlapped an all star practice then you had to choose. Being a high school cheerleader is just as big of a commitment as being an all star cheerleader (for my team, and a lot of teams in my area). At my school, if you play football and basketball, you can't play basketball until the football season ends. Same should go for cheerleading, right?
IMO it's disrespectful to join both and then favor one over the other. Teammates and coaches are going to be upset no matter how hard you schedule, so I think it's a good rule. I think it teaches some responsibility. But I digress...:D

Back