All-Star Senior Age And World’s Age Eligible Age

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok so....

Skills from 5R = Now Level 5 Worlds divison skills.
Skills from 5 = Now Level 6 Skill

Level 6 skills = Level 7?

Current 5R = New Level 5

Current level 5 = New Level 6

Current Level 6= New Level 7

The Worlds divisions remain the same only instead of level 5/6 it is level 6/7

My issue with the new 2020-21 proposed age grid is that 12 year olds will ONLY be able to be on junior teams. With so much overlap does anyone else find that strange??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My issue with the new 2020-21 proposed age grid is that 12 year olds will ONLY be able to be on junior teams. With so much overlap does anyone else find that strange??

Yes, I would like to see youth go to 12 and worlds teams (i guess new level 6) start at 14.

So you can be 11 on a senior team for 2019-2020 but then have to go back to junior the following year?

No. I don't find it strange. I think it is great. Most high school kids on a senior team don't want to cheer with a 12 year old MS kid. My daughter was on a senior team at 12 years old and it wasn't exactly a good thing. She is now 14 years old and this past season she was lucky to be on two junior teams. She learned so much by being one of the oldest. By the end of the season, her coaches were telling me what a leader she has turned into. That would have never happened on a senior squad. She has aged out of junior and will have to be on a senior team this next season. I am so glad that she was able to be on an age appropriate squad.

Yet a 12 year old can possibly Cheer on an Open or International Worlds team due to the way the calendar year rule works!

You should be eligible for Senior Worlds (maxes at 18\19) before Open/International Worlds (no age max.) The current rule is so backwards.

Random, but would also love to see all competitions all season use a Worlds scoresheet for World teams. Why compete on a standard varsity scoresheet all season when your biggest and most important competition will be on a Worlds scoresheet????

I actually didn't realize that until you mentioned it and yes, that does seem strange. It also seems like it could be problematic for smaller gyms who have a lot of 12 year olds (and very few 9-11 or 13 year olds). CPs gym would fall in to that category. Does anyone know if they are planning on adjusting the maximum age for youth to account for this?

The open team bottom age is lower than the senior bottom?

So you could in theory cheer with ADULTS before you are old enough to cheer with 19 year olds?
Technically the bottom age is not lower (13 for senior vs 14 for open). But the way the date cut offs work for each would allow someone who is 12 to be eligible for an open team and not a senior worlds team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The open team bottom age is lower than the senior bottom?

So you could in theory cheer with ADULTS before you are old enough to cheer with 19 year olds?

I know kids 12 year olds who were eligible for Open/International Worlds but not Senior Worlds due to the calendar year they use.

I know kids 12 year olds who were eligible for Open/International Worlds but not Senior Worlds due to the calendar year they use.
Yep, kids that turned 13 sometime between September 1 and December 31 2018 were eligible for an open team, but not a senior team this past season. But they would have been 12 at the time of tryouts.

Back