All-Star Senior Age Limit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 27, 2013
Hi! I thought id post here to get more of a direct answer to a question. I've head multiple people say multiple things and i hope someone can straighten it out for me :)

I'm currently 17 years old, turning 18 on April 7. Would i be able to compete with a senior team again next season, or will I have to tryout for open?

You can compete with a senior team again next season. The rule is 18 or under on August 31st. If you turn 18 in April, you will still be 18 in August.

You have one more year of senior teams after this.

Thanks a million! I tried looking it up on the usasf website but i mustve skimmed too quick and missed it!

Easiest way to think of it, figure out how old you will be on August 31 of the year you try out. That will be your cheer "age" for the entire season.

Most people are 17 on that date of their senior year in high school, so they are considered 17 in "cheer years" for the season. Then, they are 18 the following year, which is the max age for a senior division. This is how majority of people are allowed a super senior year.

Thanks! I was kinda freaking out because if I couldn't be senior for another year, my options were to try out for the ioag5 team at my gym (probably would not workout because i dont have good enough tumbling), or switch gyms, or quit cheer. And I'm not ready to do any of the above!

Back