Senior Level 6?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mamarazzi

Ultimate Grand Supreme '12
Cheer Parent
Mar 16, 2011
Should there be a Senior/Senior Coed Level 6 in the future? Should there be International Open Coed Level 7? What would their skills consist of (even though that's terrible grammar?)

Level 7-
Double Backs, Standing Fulls/ Standing Dub., Aerial Cartwheel, Kick Double Fulls, Piked Skills

Double Ups, Triple Downs, 1 man stunts, 4+ Trick baskets, The ability to be thrown over someone else with no connection( Front flip over a prep)

Do you think that the longer all star is around, the higher and higher the levels will get?

It's possible for the tumbling side because gymnastics is already at that level and kids now a days are improving so quickly with their tumbling. The stunting portion I think is what would hold it back from happening for many of years because of how much more dangerous some of those stunts would be. People would get crazy with stunt ideas though.

Level 7-
Double Backs, Standing Fulls/ Standing Dub., Aerial Cartwheel, Kick Double Fulls, Piked Skills

Double Ups, Triple Downs, 1 man stunts, 4+ Trick baskets, The ability to be thrown over someone else with no connection( Front flip over a prep)

There isn't level 6 tumbling as it stands. If we feel those are necessary skills, we should just add them to level 6. Although that's probably not really necessary since tumbling tends to be a weakness for level 6 teams in the first place. Although it would be cool if it were a free for all I guess. We went to a competition once and didn't think we would be competing against anyone so one of the guys on my team was going to throw a triple full just for the heck of it. But then we had competition.

But yeah, senior level 6 just seems like a terrible idea. Very unsafe.

So obviously, yall aren't Sr 6 fans, but why would it be so unsafe? Cheerleaders get better and better, younger and younger. In 10-15 years, there are going to be some insane athletes out there who grew up doing all this, and started at a much younger age.
There's going to have to be progression in levels to accomodate the rapid progression in skill.

So obviously, yall aren't Sr 6 fans, but why would it be so unsafe? Cheerleaders get better and better, younger and younger. In 10-15 years, there are going to be some insane athletes out there who grew up doing all this, and started at a much younger age.
There's going to have to be progression in levels to accomodate the rapid progression in skill.

coaching and the other athletes...... I know many athletes that weren't even exceptional level 5 athletes that safely perform many elite level 6 skills because their coaches also happen to be successful college coach and they usually learn these skills over seasoned college athletes. (A lot easier to make mat your first year in school when as a girl you can already double full basket) However..... most kids don't have that and these are very dangerous skills that you need experienced athletes throwing and experienced coaches teaching. Level 6 is about stunts make no mistake, and there are many athletes out there capable of flying in these level 6 stunts at very young ages. However, the bases have to play a lot of catch up here. They don't have the strength to throw the stunts/baskets nor the experience as a whole to know what to do when things go wrong. Take a young athlete, like laney madsen (youtube her if you don;t know who she is). She can do some very exceptional stunts that take tons of body control, now take bases her same age and try even some of teh simpler level 6 stunts. It probably wouldn't work near as well.

Just an FYI. This did exist in the past. There used to be
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and then for 2 years there was Elite.
You were allowed to do flipping baskets, and 2.5 high pyramids etc. I think it was great and I would love to see more of it.

..Correction, it is only great with the right coaches. Coaches who have never instructed this level have no business fielding a level 6 team.

Just an FYI. This did exist in the past. There used to be
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and then for 2 years there was Elite.
You were allowed to do flipping baskets, and 2.5 high pyramids etc. I think it was great and I would love to see more of it.

..Correction, it is only great with the right coaches. Coaches who have never instructed this level have no business fielding a level 6 team.

I was on an Elite team for like 2 years (maybe 2001 2002 ish) and it was fun.... but scary! Actually pretty similar to a lot of Open level 6 teams today

This is dangerous and would be hard to actually judge, but I think there should be a level 7 with absolutely no skill restrictions. If you can think of it, you can do it! How sweet would that be to watch?

Back