All-Star Should I switch gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Should I go to gym #1 or stay at gym #2?

• Gym #1 (new gym)

• Gym #2 (current gym)

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

Anonymous

Gym 1: Closer to home (and moms work), Has better teams (beat us at JAMZ), Travels more, morning practices in summer, cuter uniforms (made by rebel), More competitions, newer gym, goes to summit, everyone I know who goes LOVES it and more hours of practice a week.

Gym 2: Current gym, okay uniforms (made by varsity), farther from home, not as good, 2 locations, better music and team names, close relationships, travels less, I already have lots of stuff from them (practice wear, t-shirts, hoodies...) and has level 6 non-tumbling team I can be on after aging out.

You don't mention cost. I'm going to assume, based on the travels more, more competitions, summit etc that Gym 1 is more expensive. That should also be an important factor in deciding.

Bottom line, once you age out, you aren't going to remember the cuter uniforms, wins or losses, music, or anything else. They just aren't going to be what is important. What you will remember is the inside jokes with teammates, the laughter and the tears, the fun. Don't get caught up in the little stuff. Making a decision based on that will lead to disappointment.

You don't mention cost. I'm going to assume, based on the travels more, more competitions, summit etc that Gym 1 is more expensive. That should also be an important factor in deciding.

Bottom line, once you age out, you aren't going to remember the cuter uniforms, wins or losses, music, or anything else. They just aren't going to be what is important. What you will remember is the inside jokes with teammates, the laughter and the tears, the fun. Don't get caught up in the little stuff. Making a decision based on that will lead to disappointment.
Gym 1 is a little more expensive but Gym 2 is father away so more gas money (and my mom does not like driving far). My friend also wants to switch to gym 1 with me because it has more variety for the level we would make. I have met gym 1's coaches before and they are super nice so I feel like that might be the way to go.

Never make a gym choice based on things like uniforms, music, or how many locations a gym has (all that matters is the one location you are in). You could get to the new gym and they could change their uniform and music tomorrow… Always look at the broader picture when picking a gym. Do they have an appropriate team at your ability level, do they offer good opportunities to grow & progress up the levels, does the gym suit your current/future goals, etc. If your goal is being on a Worlds team someday, you’re probably better off at a gym that shares that vision and has Worlds team(s) and makes it a priority to help athletes progress towards that.

Never make a gym choice based on things like uniforms, music, or how many locations a gym has (all that matters is the one location you are in). You could get to the new gym and they could change their uniform and music tomorrow… Always look at the broader picture when picking a gym. Do they have an appropriate team at your ability level, do they offer good opportunities to grow & progress up the levels, does the gym suit your current/future goals, etc. If your goal is being on a Worlds team someday, you’re probably better off at a gym that shares that vision and has Worlds team(s) and makes it a priority to help athletes progress towards that.
Gym #1 has the better team for me next year so I'm leaning towards that :)

Back