All-Star Skills Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 3, 2014
I have a skills question. Is it legal in level 3 and/or level 4 to perform a Front Aerial ROH Tuck ? How about a Front Aerial ROH Layout ? I know this is the place to go for answers. Don't let me down folks. I'm counting on someone having the answer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have a skills question. Is it legal in level 3 and/or level 4 to perform a Front Aerial ROH Tuck ? How about a Front Aerial ROH Layout ? I know this is the place to go for answers. Don't let me down folks. I'm counting on someone having the answer.

I answered your question in the other thread but I thought I'd throw this out here - all star cheer is awesome in that the rules are very accessible. Yes, there are tons of them, but they are organized well and there are lots of clarifications. If you go to usasfrules.com on a mobile device, it is great because you can click a level and the page takes you straight to that level's rules (on desktop you just get a PDF of all the rules which can be a little overwhelming at first). I encourage you to have your daughter check out the rules (on a mobile device if possible) and see if she can find the answers - it is really cool to see kids learn the nitty gritty of their chosen sport and really begin to understand the work that goes into making routines interesting but legal.

(Please don't take this answer as me discouraging you from asking questions here- not at all. I just think that having access to the rules is important for kids and parents.)

I answered your question in the other thread but I thought I'd throw this out here - all star cheer is awesome in that the rules are very accessible. Yes, there are tons of them, but they are organized well and there are lots of clarifications. If you go to usasfrules.com on a mobile device, it is great because you can click a level and the page takes you straight to that level's rules (on desktop you just get a PDF of all the rules which can be a little overwhelming at first). I encourage you to have your daughter check out the rules (on a mobile device if possible) and see if she can find the answers - it is really cool to see kids learn the nitty gritty of their chosen sport and really begin to understand the work that goes into making routines interesting but legal.

(Please don't take this answer as me discouraging you from asking questions here- not at all. I just think that having access to the rules is important for kids and parents.)

Thank you for your suggestion. Over the years, both my daughter and myself have spent a considerable amount of time on the USASF site perusing the material. I agree there is a wealth of valuable information to be found there. I assure you my daughter is very familiar with the rules. In addition, my daughter stays current on all the latest rule changes etc.

But, there's more to her question than you realize. My daughter suffers from an anxiety disorder. Her disorder causes her to overthink everything. At times her anxiety is paralyzingly, while at other times it sends her into a seizure. By asking the question she had hoped to receive the confirmation necessary to alleviate some of her anxiety before her upcoming tryouts.

I believe she probably even knows the answer but is just second guessing her own knowledge. In all fairness the USASF material can at times be confusing to a layperson. Her gym's tryouts are level specific too so it's important that she throw a level appropriate pass. But, she wants it also to be unique which is why she isn't more familiar with this particular pass.

Thank you for your suggestion. Over the years, both my daughter and myself have spent a considerable amount of time on the USASF site perusing the material. I agree there is a wealth of valuable information to be found there. I assure you my daughter is very familiar with the rules. In addition, my daughter stays current on all the latest rule changes etc.

But, there's more to her question than you realize. My daughter suffers from an anxiety disorder. Her disorder causes her to overthink everything. At times her anxiety is paralyzingly, while at other times it sends her into a seizure. By asking the question she had hoped to receive the confirmation necessary to alleviate some of her anxiety before her upcoming tryouts.

I believe she probably even knows the answer but is just second guessing her own knowledge. In all fairness the USASF material can at times be confusing to a layperson. Her gym's tryouts are level specific too so it's important that she throw a level appropriate pass. But, she wants it also to be unique which is why she isn't more familiar with this particular pass.

Oh, man. I was hoping that my comment wasn't seen as akin to saying "why don't you know the rules, gosh!" I just wanted to put it out there in case you weren't aware that there is a handy website (some coaches aren't even aware of this, unfortunately.) I'm sorry that it came across that way - I didn't mean to imply that you or your daughter have not done your homework on this. Good luck to her at tryouts and tell her that it is great that she is trying to think creatively as well as ensuring that her skills fall into the proper level.

Back