All-Star Slowing Progression?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Funny we were just talking about this. The fear over the two to full is over a year old for cp14.

But, sometimes parental patience and a new non-SM outlook on life pays dividends.

Throwing her regular (non necessary but) spotted two to full her coach took a chance and actually didn't spot the third one she threw last week. Just pulled his hand back at the last second and prayed she wouldn't freak out. He knew she'd hit, she hasn't needed that spot in months, she's just been too scared to throw it alone. She knew he'd bait and switched her and they hugged and he walked her back to the side of the mat with her team talking to her in her ear with his arm around her and I went back to chatting with family in the parent section.

Until I noted the change in the parent section level of excitement and interest and realized the girl standing on the middle of the mat getting ready to throw that skill by herself, surrounded by her screaming team, was Cp14. She looked scared to death but determined. I just held my breath because I'd looked up just about the time she drop stepped.

And watched her hit it with the tackling bear hugs to ensue from the whole team and her much beloved coach. I videoed it 30 seconds later when she threw it again because one of her other coaches hadn't seen it and asked her to do it again for him.

Nothing better than a misty eyed bear hug I got from her when she came off the mat and came straight to me with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

She's hit it every time she's attempted it since (probably 6-7 more even during conditioning the next day, but as coach Tye says, she's "cheer smart" and she'll layout if she knows she's too tired to hit clean, so every now and then she laid out until she could catch her breath) and was actually upset (for the first time in recent history) she would miss tumbling that week for a conference call with the other icons.

She slayed that demon on her own, and she knows it. That's a kind of confidence only she can create for herself. I'm so proud of her. I'd hoped (for her) she'd have it competition ready by NCA, I'm thinking she's ahead of that schedule now. It's been four days since she's been in the gym and she has practice today. If she can do it again today without the spot I'll believe that the demon is officially dead. #fingerscrossed
It made me so happy when I saw the video the other day :D

Funny we were just talking about this. The fear over the two to full is over a year old for cp14.

But, sometimes parental patience and a new non-SM outlook on life pays dividends.

Throwing her regular (non necessary but) spotted two to full her coach took a chance and actually didn't spot the third one she threw last week. Just pulled his hand back at the last second and prayed she wouldn't freak out. He knew she'd hit, she hasn't needed that spot in months, she's just been too scared to throw it alone. She knew he'd bait and switched her and they hugged and he walked her back to the side of the mat with her team talking to her in her ear with his arm around her and I went back to chatting with family in the parent section.

Until I noted the change in the parent section level of excitement and interest and realized the girl standing on the middle of the mat getting ready to throw that skill by herself, surrounded by her screaming team, was Cp14. She looked scared to death but determined. I just held my breath because I'd looked up just about the time she drop stepped.

And watched her hit it with the tackling bear hugs to ensue from the whole team and her much beloved coach. I videoed it 30 seconds later when she threw it again because one of her other coaches hadn't seen it and asked her to do it again for him.

Nothing better than a misty eyed bear hug I got from her when she came off the mat and came straight to me with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

She's hit it every time she's attempted it since (probably 6-7 more even during conditioning the next day, but as coach Tye says, she's "cheer smart" and she'll layout if she knows she's too tired to hit clean, so every now and then she laid out until she could catch her breath) and was actually upset (for the first time in recent history) she would miss tumbling that week for a conference call with the other icons.

She slayed that demon on her own, and she knows it. That's a kind of confidence only she can create for herself. I'm so proud of her. I'd hoped (for her) she'd have it competition ready by NCA, I'm thinking she's ahead of that schedule now. It's been four days since she's been in the gym and she has practice today. If she can do it again today without the spot I'll believe that the demon is officially dead. #fingerscrossed

Did a little silent fist pump when I read this. Good for her! These are the moments that make you really happy to go to work and coach.

I got that way watching it :D

I think this might get you to the video. She tweeted it from her IG I think..

Posting from my phone... No clue if that works or not

Congrats to her I'm sure it meant so much to her and having her teams support. Jaylen also got hers but it isn't that pretty yet she just basically pulled it out of her a$$. So it doesn't look that great!! Your cp has so much to be proud of!!

That's great! It's so rewarding for a CP to see their persistence pay off- the type and timing of assistance (pulling the hand, getting mental training, etc.) will be different for everyone- thanks for sharing about this!

The demon is dead :)

Even threw it in traffic (which scares the mess out of her). Didn't land that one but the fact she threw it at all...yup...my girl is back :D
When did she throw in traffic?

*Of course it is good advice, I'm Cheer Dad*

When did she throw in traffic?

Today in practice. The whole team has a synch standing pass with 28ish girls all passing each other on lines and spaces. Sortof "tumble straight or die" formation. But that's the side effect of near squad tumbling I guess.

She threw it but you could tell she was worried either she or the one passing her was about to die so she didn't land. Her coach came over to her, squatted down directly in front of her on her line for the next time through to encourage and watch.

Fixed it immediately. Backed her up so when she spins they've already passed each other. She's much more comfortable (as much as she can be at this point) with that pass in the routine now.

Today in practice. The whole team has a synch standing pass with 28ish girls all passing each other on lines and spaces. Sortof "tumble straight or die" formation. But that's the side effect of near squad tumbling I guess.

She threw it but you could tell she was worried either she or the one passing her was about to die so she didn't land. Her coach came over to her, squatted down directly in front of her on her line for the next time through to encourage and watch.

Fixed it immediately. Backed her up so when she spins they've already passed each other. She's much more comfortable (as much as she can be at this point) with that pass in the routine now.
That is awesome. So proud of her for working through that demon.

That is awesome. So proud of her for working through that demon.

Last night she threw it in a full out (surprised me I just sort of expect to see a layout these days) and hit it big! Her flyer wasn't there so when she turned around and stepped to her group (she lands it with her back to the judges) the look on her face was absolute, clear ecstatic joy. I thought her face would break. They mocked their stunt with her group all laughing and congratulating each other :D

I might see that on the floor a LOT earlier than NCA. I'm sortof thinking my demonhunter will throw it at our first competition next month. She's got some time to get comfortable. Well see!

Back to your regularly scheduled...non brag thread....post.

Sorry 'bout that.

Last night she threw it in a full out (surprised me I just sort of expect to see a layout these days) and hit it big! Her flyer wasn't there so when she turned around and stepped to her group (she lands it with her back to the judges) the look on her face was absolute, clear ecstatic joy. I thought her face would break. They mocked their stunt with her group all laughing and congratulating each other :D

I might see that on the floor a LOT earlier than NCA. I'm sortof thinking my demonhunter will throw it at our first competition next month. She's got some time to get comfortable. Well see!

Back to your regularly scheduled...non brag thread....post.

Sorry 'bout that.

Its parent visitation day at lil bears school and I sneaked a look at this update and now I am teary with a bunch of third graders staring at me ;)

Its parent visitation day at lil bears school and I sneaked a look at this update and now I am teary with a bunch of third graders staring at me ;)
I'll admit I screamed for her when she did it, then me and my two great friends (god-cp's parents) all lost our minds when (in the same full out) god-cp threw her combo to full. She has sortof regular mental blocks on tumbling as she hits growth spurts and she's in one right now and has been balking out of the handspring.

It was a great birthday gift for my god-cp. She's now 12. If the age grid doesn't change I'm hoping to get the whole family on the same team next year. Cp16 has been dying to point stunt her in coeds since they did on junior 4. It's the last time they were together. Next year is cp16s last year of allstar cheer so it's their last chance.

Latest posts

Back