High School Social Media Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2011
Do any of your teams have social media rules? (what you can/ can't post, punishments for it) We have another new coach and our last one didn't set any rules, where as the one before the last one had very strict rules that made us look classy.. and not uh... lets just say if i see another post saying the f word or one with boobs hanging out i'm going to go insane. so what are some of your rules? and what are the punishments for them.

We have rules regarding all social media. The basis is don't post anything you'd be embarrassed if your grandma or your pastor saw. If it doesn't shed a positive light on the cheerleader and our program it's a no! Cussing, referencing drugs/alcohol, partying, inappropriate pictures, bullying, etc are all things that will get a girl in trouble. The first time is a warning/talking and the cheerleader must remove whatever it is. After that we use benching, conditioning, and community service as punishment. If whatever it is is bad enough it can result in getting kicked off. Last year 2 girls almost got kicked off the month of nationals because of a twitter post.

One of our newest things we've had to address is retweets. Girls will retweet something that maybe isn't appropriate and think its okay because they didn't say it. We've had to address that if you retweet it you may have just as well typed it yourself, and it doesn't' make it okay!

I wish we had rules like this...:banghead:
This years standards on girls attitude and grades were very low when picking the team.....

Back