All-Star Songs 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here are their mixes! I just used google docs so let me know if it doesn't work!

Youth 2:
Fury Athletics Cyclones 14-15.mp3 - Google Drive

Song 1: Good Life by Forever the Sickest Kids
Song 2: A Different Side of Me by Allstar Weekend
Song 3: Gold by Owl City
Song 4: Listen to Your Heart by The Maine
Song 5: Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings (really over used I know but we thought it fit well haha)
Song 6: How You Love Me Now by Hey Monday
Song 7: Some Katy Perry song.......
Song 8: Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye
Song 8: Young by The Summer Set

Junior 1:
Fury Athletics Frost 14-15.mp3 - Google Drive

Song 1: Brave by Action Item
Song 2: Nine in the Afternoon by Panic! At The Disco
Song 3: Girls Do What They Want by The Maine
Song 4: Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
Song 5: Shooting Star by Owl City
Song 6: All We Got is Time by Timeflies
Song 7: Just the Way You Are (Pierce the Veil cover)
Song 8: Dance Forever by Allstar Weekend
I love all those artists! My middle school wannabe emo self is jumping up and down right now!

Finally someone who has fulfilled my dream cheer music!!!! I've been dying for someone to do an All Time Low, Panic! At The Disco, You Me At Six kind of cheer mix for years and since no one does it, I resort to making them myself (albeit very badly as I don't have the correct programme to do it). However I predict Shut Up and Dance will be making an appearance in many cheer mixes which is a shame because I've loved that band for so long and I'm going to wind up hating the song because it'll become so overplayed.
We are the same person.

I love all those artists! My middle school wannabe emo self is jumping up and down right now!

I was so excited when we got to pick the music, my J1 had some of my favorite songs ever in it so I actually LOVED listening to it. I'm excited for this year's music, so if you have any suggestions let me know [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so excited when we got to pick the music, my J1 had some of my favorite songs ever in it so I actually LOVED listening to it. I'm excited for this year's music, so if you have any suggestions let me know [emoji2]

How did it work for the kids? I personally would much rather hear that kind of music instead of hearing "Let it go" 18000 times, but I wonder if it would be hard to get the kids to get into the routine and perform when they don't know the songs

How did it work for the kids? I personally would much rather hear that kind of music instead of hearing "Let it go" 18000 times, but I wonder if it would be hard to get the kids to get into the routine and perform when they don't know the songs

They were fine! They performed really well, hearing it a million times a practice probably helped haha. And if the parents ask, we'll send them a file of the music so they can practice at home too.

I create a cd with the music on one track then another track on it but the count "voiced" over the top of the track so that they get used to hearing where sound effects happen in the count and it helps them to remember exactly what should be happening when. The I make a DVD of the entire routine, well not the stunts and tumbling, but I count them out on the DVD so they get familiar with those happen and it also helps them remember when to make their transitions. The dance portion is recorded in front of mirror so they don't learn the motions backwards. Any way this works really well with kids that are younger like mine and only do one competition a year. The parents really like it as well because they can actively help them learn.

Here are their mixes! I just used google docs so let me know if it doesn't work!

Youth 2:
Fury Athletics Cyclones 14-15.mp3 - Google Drive

Song 1: Good Life by Forever the Sickest Kids
Song 2: A Different Side of Me by Allstar Weekend
Song 3: Gold by Owl City
Song 4: Listen to Your Heart by The Maine
Song 5: Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings (really over used I know but we thought it fit well haha)
Song 6: How You Love Me Now by Hey Monday
Song 7: Some Katy Perry song.......
Song 8: Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye
Song 8: Young by The Summer Set

Junior 1:
Fury Athletics Frost 14-15.mp3 - Google Drive

Song 1: Brave by Action Item
Song 2: Nine in the Afternoon by Panic! At The Disco
Song 3: Girls Do What They Want by The Maine
Song 4: Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
Song 5: Shooting Star by Owl City
Song 6: All We Got is Time by Timeflies
Song 7: Just the Way You Are (Pierce the Veil cover)
Song 8: Dance Forever by Allstar Weekend
You have like 5 of my favorite bands songs in this mix!! Haha I'm great friends with the guys in Action Item!

We get our music July 15?!?! I cannot wait!!! Then I will know all the songs we have in it [emoji7]

That soon? We don't even have routine camp until the end of July, and our skills camp isn't until July 10th-12th [emoji15][emoji28]

That soon? We don't even have routine camp until the end of July, and our skills camp isn't until July 10th-12th [emoji15][emoji28]

Jose from Top Gun got here yesterday and started our choreo. So once that is completed we will be set to send in our counts. So she was told we would get it then! I think we got ours July 20 last season so I knew it would be around then! Just happy we have a date to look forward to.

I wish we did choreography as early as you do. But your season starts sooner than ours. When is your first comp this year?

I wish we did choreography as early as you do. But your season starts sooner than ours. When is your first comp this year?

Our season starts in October.
We go to our first nationals in December that gives out several summit bids. Last year over half our summit bids came from this one comp so we want to be ready for that so we can knock the bids out early. So by competing in October it usually gets us ready!!

We did tryouts for two weeks following the summit. Results were posted right after and practices began then.

The season prior we did tryouts for all teams prior to the summit and had some team practices before the summit so the kids were tired from doing their summit team practices and their new team practices, and throw in feelings being hurt from some people not making certain teams and quitting it caused us a little more problems.

Choreo this year ended up being two weeks later for us than it was last season!

Back