OT Spankies?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I had red spankies with an all black uni but I think it looked really good! It was my idea lol I just think it looked good bc the red triangle on the skirt. Plus our bows were solid red.
16027_630517326963966_182679126_n.jpg
I think it worked in your case because the spankies just looked like another chunk of red on the uniform.

At our former school, most of our uniforms were black and they wore black spankies--except for the Suzie who always had to stand out and wore orange. Susie's mom always wanted to be certain that Susie stood out--in a good or bad way!

In this instance, orange was bad.

Okay, totally off topic, but someone has to explain what is that "Susie" thing. I see this name everywhere on the board and it drives me crazy. Is it an american thing or am I lacking some serious general knowledge?

Okay, totally off topic, but someone has to explain what is that "Susie" thing. I see this name everywhere on the board and it drives me crazy. Is it an american thing or am I lacking some serious general knowledge?
Susie is mainly a "thing" because of her mom, Susie's Mom (SM), and less frequently her dad. The SM phenomenon is when she believes that her cp is the best or has the potential to be the best everything on her team. She will stop at nothing to make sure that her Susie is point everything and that Susie always gets her way.

Someone else can probably explain it better.

Susie is mainly a "thing" because of her mom, Susie's Mom (SM), and less frequently her dad. The SM phenomenon is when she believes that her cp is the best or has the potential to be the best everything on her team. She will stop at nothing to make sure that her Susie is point everything and that Susie always gets her way.

Someone else can probably explain it better.

Well, thanks for the explanation! But why "Susie"? :help: Is it from a movie?

There's these weird videos on YouTube that are seriously hilarious. There's a thread with them somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's these weird videos on YouTube that are seriously hilarious. There's a thread with them somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of those have been taken down, but "when will Susie kip" may still be up. It gives it a gymnastics spin, but still gives the general idea.

Here you go:

Aside from the youtube video references, Susie is a generic American name that isn't all that common anymore. If talking about a kid and you don't want to use her name, people often refer to her as Susie. There isn't a real Susie, it's referring to someone you don't want to name. Sort of along the lines of John Doe. There is no John, just a generic male name.

I agree. A different color brings the eyes THERE... and that is so not the point!
EXACTLY!!!!! My girls LOVE the bright spankies & I don't allow them. I insist they stay the color as the inside of their skirt (ours is black, but in the past it was navy). To make them happy, I said they could have green metallic spandex shorts for practice. Most wear those under soffee shorts

EXACTLY!!!!! My girls LOVE the bright spankies & I don't allow them. I insist they stay the color as the inside of their skirt (ours is black, but in the past it was navy). To make them happy, I said they could have green metallic spandex shorts for practice. Most wear those under soffee shorts
Nice compromise.

Back