All-Star Spirit Fest 3/11-12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question about summit bids here- do you have to be in 1st to get one? Our division is the highest scoring division, and the 5th place team yesterday had a higher score than most division winners. Do they look at scoring, or just the winner in each division

How does a gym that has two bids to the worlds competition get another bid and what happens to the other bids?

Last edited:
How does a gym that has two bids to the worlds competition get another bid and what happens to the other bids?

Depends. Could be the gym has multiple worlds teams so they could earn multiple bids. They could also get upgraded in their bid. As far what happens to their existing bid...not sure.

A team that already has a bid can go for a new bid if their team has changed since they got it. There's limits to substitutions at worlds from the roster at which you got your bid.

In this case the team in question has probably changed since December.

The old bid disappears.

Last edited:
There was one team at this comp that got a 2nd at large bid. They could have had more roster changes than are allowed at worlds, or could have added people to the team so they would need a new bid to allow more people on the floor. Either way, the first at large bid they got would disappear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There was one team at this comp that got a 2nd at large bid. They could have had more roster changes than are allowed at worlds, or could have added people to the team so they would need a new bid to allow more people on the floor. Either way, the first at large bid they got would disappear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If it's the team I think it is. Then they had too many crossovers for first AL bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the two bid awards ceremonies was as awkward as I predicted it would be.

We were on stage with some of our teams for the first one - the all girl one - and there were only about 6 teams on the stage (including our IO6 who wasn't even eligible). Well only 4 Senior All Girl teams didn't have bids and it wasn't hard to figure out who was going to get that paid, so obviously no one else came. The EP tried to delay it as long as possible thinking teams were just running late and finally came up to us about 15 minutes later and apologized for the delay saying "There's supposed to be 22 teams up here, apparently most of them don't care!" He was not happy. The announcer repeated the same line about only some teams caring.

The second announcement had more teams, but still not a ton. So awkward.

The first awards ceremony was 2 hours earlier, did they really think teams with a bid already were going to stick around?

Last edited:
The 3rd paid bid is solely based on score, not division. It's relatively difficult to get a paid bid in the international divisions, but it's pretty standard at all comps that it's this way and teams go into the season knowing that, fair or not.
I think the International divisions have changed quite a bit from what they were several years ago. I see more gyms having International teams - some have replaced senior teams as their worlds team. I remember when International teams were a "fun" team that practiced once a week and only went to a few comps to get a bid and go to Worlds. Now it seems they practice and compete the same as most worlds teams. Kids are leaving this sport more quickly than they are coming in so it wouldn't surprise me to see the trend continue. I can see why these teams aren't awarded the same bids as the senior teams (and I have one of those poor broke college kids on an IOC5 team), but it can be painful when they are scoring well above teams getting bids.

Having the two bid awards ceremonies was as awkward as I predicted it would be.

We were on stage with some of our teams for the first one - the all girl one - and there were only about 6 teams on the stage (including our IO6 who wasn't even eligible). Well only 4 Senior All Girl teams didn't have bids and it wasn't hard to figure out who was going to get that paid, so obviously no one else came. The EP tried to delay it as long as possible thinking teams were just running late and finally came up to us about 15 minutes later and apologized for the delay saying "There's supposed to be 22 teams up here, apparently most of them don't care!" He was not happy. The announcer repeated the same line about only some teams caring.

The second announcement had more teams, but still not a ton. So awkward.

The first awards ceremony was 2 hours earlier, did they really think teams with a bid already were going to stick around?

That 1st awards ceremony was ridiculous on how the EP kept waiting and waiting. All the parents waiting knew what the deal was (why not many teams were showing). I'm not sure why he (or the people working there) didn't. I think there were 8 Sr. All Girl teams with AL's and 3 with no bid going into the competition. All the rest had a Paid. I'm not saying he needs to do the math and break it down but someone should be telling him-- "Hey, dude. Move on."

Edited to add: Full Disclosure-- I was antsy because my kid's team got the Paid Bid in that ceremony.

Last edited:
How was what she said even remotely negative? She never even mentioned any names

She has a history of starting drama and bad mouthing one particular gym over and over again . Enough is enough and she needs to worry about her own gym and stop the drama . Everything is done for a reason and its within the rules ,

Back