All-Star Spirit Of Texas Med Coed - New Music Released

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So many of the singing voiceovers... Moderation is a good thing!

It wasn't bad, and I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but I just definitely preferred the sound of the old mix overall.
I know it hasn't been in the mix since NCA last year, but I REALLY miss the actual- "Spirit of Texas, come on come on let's go! WORLD (or National!) Champions- We don't think, we know!" cheer. Hardly anyone does any semblance of an actual cheer anymore, so I was so depressed when the new mixes came out last year without them.

Maybe I'm just letting nostalgia cloud my judgment, but I haven't been a huge fan of the sound of a lot of mixes this year.

It wasn't bad, and I'm sure a lot of effort went into it, but I just definitely preferred the sound of the old mix overall.
I know it hasn't been in the mix since NCA last year, but I REALLY miss the actual- "Spirit of Texas, come on come on let's go! WORLD (or National!) Champions- We don't think, we know!" cheer. Hardly anyone does any semblance of an actual cheer anymore, so I was so depressed when the new mixes came out last year without them.

Maybe I'm just letting nostalgia cloud my judgment, but I haven't been a huge fan of the sound of a lot of mixes this year.

Times change......My parents like the Beatles but you never hear them on the radio any more :) We are trying to push limits and push creativity to places that others havent been. Some times when that happens trends and sounds change :)

The most important things are, I am proud of the hard work it took to make this mix, Brad and the other coaches love it, and the team loves it.

Thanks for all your comments! I appreciate them all.

cheermusicpro mccracal

I have to agree on both ends... I can certainly understand the biased on wanting more classic songs... Trust me, it would make my life easier. And I prefer listening to the more *classic* style, if you will...

However the industry (by no direct control) is moving in a different direction with music. Pushing the bar in a different direction may be something that isn't universally liked or loved, however it's going in that direction none the less. As us top music producers are in direct competition with each other, we HAVE to keep pushing to overall newer, bigger, and better things that at the end of the day EVERYONE may not like... however the majority/most will appreciate and love. And I for one have much love and respect for the production (both original and remixed) in this track... Great job Patrick!

cheermusicpro mccracal

I have to agree on both ends... I can certainly understand the biased on wanting more classic songs... Trust me, it would make my life easier. And I prefer listening the more *classic* style, if you will...

However the industry (by no direct control) is moving in a different direction with music. Pushing the bar in a different direction may be something that isn't universally liked or loved, however it's going in that direction none the less. As us top music producers are in direct competition with each other, we HAVE to keep pushing to overall newer, bigger, and better things that at the end of the day EVERYONE may not like... however the majority/most will appreciate and love. And I for one have much love and respect for the production (both original and remixed) in this track... Great job Patrick!

That's a really great point! I can definitely appreciate the effort that goes into making these mixes; it's obvious that a lot of hard work has been done. It just seems to me that there's a fine line between "newer, bigger, better" and over the top/gaudy. I don't think that this mix crossed that line at all, but it does make me think that the edge will be crossed sooner than I had expected/hoped for.

yes Pro Tools 9, an Avalon 737sp or a UA LA610 with either a Neuman TLM 103, U47, or a Pelulso 2247LE Tube Mic.

Its almost hard to call them voiceovers. We are using the same equipment used to record my album and all the pop and hiphop music I track.

Patrick

Oh wow you dont play around! thats an awesome set up!

Times change......My parents like the Beatles but you never hear them on the radio any more :) We are trying to push limits and push creativity to places that others havent been. Some times when that happens trends and sounds change :)

The most important things are, I am proud of the hard work it took to make this mix, Brad and the other coaches love it, and the team loves it.

Thanks for all your comments! I appreciate them all.

101.9 play the beatles every now and again

cheermusicpro mccracal

I have to agree on both ends... I can certainly understand the biased on wanting more classic songs... Trust me, it would make my life easier. And I prefer listening to the more *classic* style, if you will...

DJ RIZZ you know you will ALWAYS have my respect as a friend, producer and person! Thanks for the kind words as always.

I agree 100% with what JR was saying and maybe I didnt say it well. We started with all the classics......in a lot of cases we were the ones who mixed them....but we can't do the same thing year after year. We have to continue to grow as producers and push ourselves to do 'bigger and better" as JR said.

You are either growing or you're dying. There isnt a 3rd direction!

Patrick

Huh! As a relative newcomer to cheer (this is cp's 3rd year) I never even thought of the music including a "cheer." Now that you say it I realize that Stingrays usually have "a team cheer" in their music.

Back