All-Star Spirit Sports Duel Of Desert 1/30-1/31 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was there more than one warm up room?
Well at least we didn't have the cross the streets for awards this time! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, but it was cold during the evening awards. And then there were the parents that had to stand in the rain for their kids awards since there were so many teams. And forget about getting to see any of the teams awarded. There has got to be a better way.

No, but it was cold during the evening awards. And then there were the parents that had to stand in the rain for their kids awards since there were so many teams. And forget about getting to see any of the teams awarded. There has got to be a better way.

Yes! The even the Washingtonians were shocked by awards outside in the cold. Brrrrrrrr

Why must people sit in the middle of the halls and set their backpacks everywhere!! I'm sorry if your meeting room isn't big enough for your mega gym but it's very annoying when I'm trying to walk trough the hall and I asked kindly for you to move and you just ignore.
I only ask once after that I may/or may not step on you or your stuff.[emoji51]
I get that sometimes parents aren't allowed in the meeting rooms or the room is too small for the many teams in certain gyms but why not sit against the wall?
Another thing that annoyed me[emoji23][emoji23] why did I see teams practicing inside. They had a designated room for warm up and they also had a huge grass area in the back where teams could practice. No need for Susie and her team to be practicing and knock my precious drink of my hand [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This happened at the competition we were at 2 weeks ago. A gym decided that they needed their team to stretch in the hallway that led to our team room and blocked the entire hallway wall to wall. I had no choice but to step over the girls to get to our room - and I got the looks like I was the one being rude :confused:.

Do you know what I didn't like about this competition? The lack of close restaurants. It surprised me so much. Even the connecting hotel only offered a buffet of chicken nuggets and hot dogs. So bizarre. Nobody was starving to death, because there were concessions, but they were so expensive! Also, I just wanted to sit down and chill with dinner and a drink. It was surprising to me how little was within walking distance...also the pouring rain on Sunday made it rough. Other than that, we had a great time. Palm Springs is beautiful.

Yes! The even the Washingtonians were shocked by awards outside in the cold. Brrrrrrrr
As a Californian I apologize to all Washingtonians. We don't usually treat our guests in this manner. And to be fair, it's not usually that wet or cold in Palm Springs. But the competition personnel knew about the weather in advance and still no contingency plan. Don't they know, parents are sweet and melt in the rain. Overall, it appears this competition has outgrown the venue. The parking is ridiculous, the crowds inside the venue are maddening, crowd control is almost nonexistent, the food sucks and you can't bring in outside food (and any nearby food sucks or has a long wait due to crowds) scheduling was good except teams should never perform ahead of schedule (parents missed CPs performances), awards were a mess, but the bathrooms were clean if you could wait long enough to get in one. Other than that hotel price and availability is an issue. But, it really is a good competition. It's just gotten so big.

I forgot about things running ahead on Saturday! It worked out, but we had to race to see one of our teams. Then on Sunday we got in trouble for skipping the line, because a team was going ahead of what we expected. [emoji23]

I forgot about things running ahead on Saturday! It worked out, but we had to race to see one of our teams. Then on Sunday we got in trouble for skipping the line, because a team was going ahead of what we expected. [emoji23]

They were really running ahead on Saturday? I overheard someone say that and I didn't believe them. I don't understand how a competition can run ahead. Doesn't it mess with the warm-up schedule?

I guess we were just lucky this year. CP's team competed in Hall A at 8:30am. All the other teams from the from the gym didn't compete until the evening so we weren't required to stay. I only spent about 45 minutes in the Convention Center on Saturday and then two hours on Sunday. And there were no crowds in Hall A, at least when I was there. I didn't even bother trying to watch teams in the other hall. If only every competiton could work out like that for us...

I do agree that the awards set-up and location was ridiculous. And the dome over the convention center must be made out of lead because cell phone service was awful. We had a teammate lose a younger sibling in the crowd and it took 30 minutes to find her and then another 30 minutes to notify everyone that she had been found because we couldn't use our phones. I also had a situation where my daughter got sick in the bathroom and I couldn't call anyone for help. Luckily, there were some very sweet women in the bathroom who walked around looking for my husband and brought her water.

But I don't know where else they could move that competition to. I believe that is the largest event venue in Palm Springs so it would probably have to be completely moved out of the desert.

Yes! Probably 15 minutes ahead or so by the time my daughter's team went at 6ish.

They were really running ahead on Saturday? I overheard someone say that and I didn't believe them. I don't understand how a competition can run ahead. Doesn't it mess with the warm-up schedule?

I guess we were just lucky this year. CP's team competed in Hall A at 8:30am. All the other teams from the from the gym didn't compete until the evening so we weren't required to stay. I only spent about 45 minutes in the Convention Center on Saturday and then two hours on Sunday. And there were no crowds in Hall A, at least when I was there. I didn't even bother trying to watch teams in the other hall. If only every competiton could work out like that for us...

I do agree that the awards set-up and location was ridiculous. And the dome over the convention center must be made out of lead because cell phone service was awful. We had a teammate lose a younger sibling in the crowd and it took 30 minutes to find her and then another 30 minutes to notify everyone that she had been found because we couldn't use our phones. I also had a situation where my daughter got sick in the bathroom and I couldn't call anyone for help. Luckily, there were some very sweet women in the bathroom who walked around looking for my husband and brought her water.

But I don't know where else they could move that competition to. I believe that is the largest event venue in Palm Springs so it would probably have to be completely moved out of the desert.
I love this competition because of its location! I think all winter competitions should be in warm climates with palm trees, sun, and salt water. Palm Springs is only missing the salt H2O.

Yes. It was cold and rainy on Sunday, but it's colder at home today. And we have to put all of our spring clothing away for a few months now. That's sad. [emoji23]

Back