All-Star Spirit Sports Duel Of Desert 1/30-1/31 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love this competition because of its location! I think all winter competitions should be in warm climates with palm trees, sun, and salt water. Palm Springs is only missing the salt H2O.
Plenty of water, just no salt.

Yes. It was cold and rainy on Sunday, but it's colder at home today. And we have to put all of our spring clothing away for a few months now. That's sad. [emoji23]
Come back and visit California then. We have more competitions. We have Anaheim comps and there's Disneyland. Everyone loves Disneyland. And we are supposed to have temps in the 80's this weekend. No need to pack those spring clothes away. I was born and raised in Oregon so I feel your pain. You need some Vitamin D.

Our senior coed 3 got 2nd place!!!!! So excited for them! They had big deductions yesterday, but hit zero today. Out of 13 teams!

I keep editing! [emoji23] They had an injury yesterday and had to rechoreograph today! So crazy.
Large Senior or Small Senior?

We were told by our gym, that in absolutely no circumstances were we allowed to be sitting in the hallways. That there would be deductions for gyms who did this. This clearly was not enforced. It was very frustrating to be blocked by so many parents and athletes in the halls and in the pass through rooms (sitting there eating, doing makeup, curling hair...). I'm looking at one gym with a big side eye after this weekend.
Likewise, we were told our team would be disqualified due to sitting in the hall. But they had nowhere to go. So event staff brought over the Fire Marshal to chastise the team. And the Fire Marshal said they were fine sitting where they were.

Come back and visit California then. We have more competitions. We have Anaheim comps and there's Disneyland. Everyone loves Disneyland. And we are supposed to have temps in the 80's this weekend. No need to pack those spring clothes away. I was born and raised in Oregon so I feel your pain. You need some Vitamin D.

Ugh! Don't tempt their coaches. I know they're going to try to convince us to add a comp. [emoji35]

Small! They got second to CA District 3. :)
Oh, you're the Australian team. My daughter is on District 3 and she gushed about what good sportsmanship your team showed and what a sweet group of kids you had on the team. District 3 loved your team. Actually, almost all the teams were good sports. But your team really stood out among them. When they were down to announcing second place, both teams were wishing each other good luck and encouraging each other. That was nice to see.

They were literally just hoping to move up from their 6th place spot after Saturday. They were shocked to move to second. [emoji23] Are you guys going to the Allstar Games? They're hoping to get another chance against you. [emoji23]

Noooo!!!! We're from Washington. Hopefully still nice, though. [emoji23]
Both are still out of the country, right? Anything out of California is foreign. Ha! Still nice though. It was the second place team they spoke so highly of. I knew Wahington and Australia both were in the house. But since I couldn't see the awards only hear them, I had no way of knowing for sure. Your team did great. And to have to re choreograph on such short notice. Definitely something to be proud of. Congrats!

They were literally just hoping to move up from their 6th place spot after Saturday. They were shocked to move to second. [emoji23] Are you guys going to the Allstar Games? They're hoping to get another chance against you. [emoji23]
No, unfortunately we're not. We had the opportunity but we have a trip to Florida the week prior and it would be difficult for the team schedule wise. That's unfortunate since it would be great to attend.

No, unfortunately we're not. We had the opportunity but we have a trip to Florida the week prior and it would be difficult for the team schedule wise. That's unfortunate since it would be great to attend.

Bummer! [emoji23] They were really great. It was an honor to come in second to them [emoji7]

Back