All-Star Spirit Sports - Northeast Knockout (December 18-19)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

was this a small comp this year? from the results/amounts of teams in each division i feel like there was only a couple gyms there

was this a small comp this year? from the results/amounts of teams in each division i feel like there was only a couple gyms there

It was quite small but I definitely think that most of them gyms there were pretty stiff competition. Also, a lot of the divisions were split into small/large when they should not have been :/ I'd much rather compete against the most amount of teams and really earn a banner than squeak into first. And I hate how a lot of teams just 'won' because they were the only team in that division.. what if it wasn't really a 'first place' performance?

Yeah i agree. I don't think many teams competed against just themselves though, because they combined a lot of divisions. This competition is normally towards the middle of january and this year it was the week before Christmas which is why I don't think they got as big of a turn out compared to past years.

Hey, i'm sorry if i offend anyone but i just wanted to say that i'm on cheer excitement allstars and our junior coed 3 and small senior 3 both went against only ECE and both lost. seniors i understand, we were really messy and the ECE we went against was really good. but for juniors everything hit second day and we were tight and ECE was really sloppy and fell. they beat us by 3 points. in the northeast ECE is one of the most competetive teams along with Sparks and Spirit Central. But, after this weekend i realized that it's because of their name that some of their teams win when they don't deserve it. plus they always seem to get the gym awards for $7,000. i think they have enough money and don't need $7,000 towards their gym. there are some teams that have to practice at a gymnastic center. the 7,000 should be going towards them. thanks just thought i'd get my point across

Hey, i'm sorry if i offend anyone but i just wanted to say that i'm on cheer excitement allstars and our junior coed 3 and small senior 3 both went against only ECE and both lost. seniors i understand, we were really messy and the ECE we went against was really good. but for juniors everything hit second day and we were tight and ECE was really sloppy and fell. they beat us by 3 points. in the northeast ECE is one of the most competetive teams along with Sparks and Spirit Central. But, after this weekend i realized that it's because of their name that some of their teams win when they don't deserve it. plus they always seem to get the gym awards for $7,000. i think they have enough money and don't need $7,000 towards their gym. there are some teams that have to practice at a gymnastic center. the 7,000 should be going towards them. thanks just thought i'd get my point across
Sorry you are bitter.... This board isn't for bitterness but for good conversation and constructive opinions. I am sure that if you were able to compare both score sheets you may feel better about the outcome. Also you have to take in to consideration what your score was the day you didn't hit.
As being clean is a very important factor, it is not everything. Please take into consideration the difficulty of the routine and the majority counts that really can reflect big differences in scores.
I'm sure if you ask your coach to possibly explain why the other team scored so high they would be able to point it out for you. Happy Holidays

I'm sure you got second for a reason. ECE does often win the program award, but they have a lot of teams that help them receive that honor. Ask your coaches to explain the comments on your score sheets so you understand better where you guys can approve. Just remember you need to represent your program in a positive way on the boards. CES is an awesome program, and you guys have improved tremendously over the years. You are definitely not the only gym to practice in a gymnastics facility. Metrowest is full of amazing coaches, like Tommy and Sarah that have really helped your program, so I don't understand why you are complaining about that. They are also part of the reason the CES program exists. And I mean this in the most positive way. Either way, best of luck to you guys this season!

I do understand what you mean but you should also consider the scoresheets. This competition is lucky enough to provide you with the scores other teams received. A lot of times ECE can out win a team just solely on performance if the skills are the same and they did have deductions. Take a good look at what your team can improve on and add to your routine to really make it a winning routine.

And the prize money is usually given to the gym with the highest scores or placements of the day. And a lot of times, this will end up going to a larger gym because if one team has a bad day, 5 others can makeup for it unlike a smaller gym. There are small gym awards which ended up going to eXtreem cheer at this competition (All of the teams they brought placed first).

Good luck to you at your next competition and hopefully you'll end up beating ECE sometime :)

Plus our program made up over a third of the comp. With all the teams doing and placing fairly well I fell like It was hard for us not to get the program champ. CES did look great this weekend though as did most teams for this early in the season in the northeast since this is the very beginning of the season for many gyms up here.

Back