All-Star Sports Hypnosis For Mental Blocks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2012
Has anyone tried hypnosis to get over a tumbling block? I have had a block for about 5 years and my friend recently told me it might be a good idea to try hypnosis. Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

I have heard of it, never tried it and never personally known anyone who has but my cp has mentioned it. If you do it let us know how it works.

I've never tried it either, but after I've witnessed kids from my school being hypnotized at post prom it must work!!

I think that, like a lot of things, it works if you give it the chance to work. If you go into something that is so mind-based with a huge amount of skepticism, odds are it might not. And it might not if you go in full-steam-ahead, but what's the harm in trying.

I say we hire one and just have a big mental block hypnosis clinic/party :) I mean lets be real its not like we couldnt find enough to chip in. My daughter would thank us for sure.

He had me visualize all of the skills I had a block on. He had recorded it on tape and I was supposed to listen to it every day and I never did so it didn't really stick. I still have a mental block, but when I did the hypnosis years ago, it did work.

A girl on my team had it done to get over going backwards during tumbling and it worked out great. Throws it without a care now.

I know a gymnast who had a huge mental block for back tumbling that used hypnosis to help her. It wasn't a 100% fix but it helped her a TON and she was able to use that to push through and conquer the remaining fears.

Another thing to try is the cd series "head games". I listened to those to help mw through my mental blocks for tumbling when I was in gymnastics and I was at the point where I almost had to quit I was so bad but the cd's really really helped me. You can find them on the usa-gymnastics.org website store.

My cp had a bad fear of doing her bhs for years. My cousin is a hypnotherapist and he worked with her. First time back at the gym she was throwing her bhs with a light spot, then on her own. It will really help you as long as you are open to it and realize it can work. If you are negative about the experience it wont work. Best of Luck:cool:

in college one of my professors was a sports psychologist by trade. she said she sometimes used hypnosis and more often, she used a method called desensitization therapy to get rid of/lessen fears. she mostly worked with golfers, swimmers, and a few gymnasts at the time, but i'd look into the sports psychologist route as opposed to any old hypnotist.

(I also had a business professor who was trained in hypnosis and hypnotized the class one day. he stressed that hypnosis will not make you do anything you would not do while you weren't in that state.. just something to think about)

Back