OT Spread The Word To End The Word

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
May 15, 2011
This is a campaign that we do at our school to stop the usage of the word 'Retard' . Its very close to my heart because my little brother is special needs and he gets really upset and offended when people use the r word. We all sign a pledge and vow not to use the R word. We have a pep rally for it and everything. Here's a video my school made about it.

if you want to learn more about "Spread the Word To End the Word" go to http://www.r-word.org/

I was going to start a thread about this sometime soon, so I'm glad it's here! The school I work at did it to, and I couldn't be more proud. One girl in it is on my lax team and the rest (pretty much) are the boys basketball team and a couple 'popular' seniors. The star is my buddy Brian who I'll be 1:1 with this summer! Such a great kid, and so loved by the school community. Loving this campaign, I know since the school's done this video I've heard more and more kids yell at others for using the 'r' word. It's great. Anyways, here's PHS's video:

My mom's the Chair person for Special Education so she HATES the r-word. It's common nature to not even realize you're saying it and that it can be mean and hurtful. SmileyRyleigh I'm really glad you're doing this for not only you're little brother but for everyone else who has family or friends in the same position.

We've been doing this around my school as well! It's a really great cause and I really hope that it can impact a lot of people.

Thank You so much for bringing this to people's attention today. My brother in law and baby brother are both special needs, and my brother in law's school is holding a range of activities at his school today. I hope the day can start to gain more recognition in Australia too because it is a cause close to my heart.

Back