All-Star Straight Or Curly Hair For Comp?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i used to love half up with big curls, but then everyone started doing it so it got old...i kind of feel that it looks somewhat sloppy. i think a high, slicked back pony with a big poof and a big bow looks great. it makes the athlete look confident and clean...i also feel like im more energized, focus and ready when i have my hair like this; when its half up i feel like im ready for a photo shoot....haha jmo

I love the high stright ponytail and poof. My girls did a bangs braid instead of a poof this year and it was def. cute too! Half up half down is pretty but can be sloppy (especially on sloppy teams). I can't say a high ponytail will ever look bad (unless its a poorly crafted pony!)

Do any of you guys have a hair and make up showcase for your new teams? I do a hair and make up party every year for each team to teach them how to do it exactly right and to approve each girl personally. They then do it own their own for our family exhibition night to make sure they've got it. It works well for us so I was curious if other people did this too....I'm sure I am not the only one to do this lol!

I am cut completely down the middle on this! I LOVE how curly hair looks! But as a cheerleader, it was a complete pain to spend that much time curling your hair :banghead: But a nice clean pony with a poof looks awesome too!

either half up and half down with loose curls or straight ponytail with a poof, doing just a regular ponytail kinda looks bad IMHO. like on me, i don't like wearing just a regular ponytail.

straight ponytail just like the Panthers because it makes your twists on stunts and kick doubles look "super sharp" compared to big and long curls w/c makes a flyer look "heavy" when she twists...JMO. TG and WCSS DO WORK their curls out when they're on the mat though. i also think that it can also be based on what uniform/uniform type you're wearing. I'm absolutely NOT a girl, let alone a flyer :D

i like just a high straight pony with a big nice poof. classy and clean.
see, i like the half up half down loose curls... until they get on the floor. then its just hair flying everywhere and its so distracting, especially with girls with longer hair. One team that always seemed to be able to do it right though is F5. whatever kind of magical stay put hairspray they must use, I want some of it. they looked gorgeous, but it always seemed like those curls never moved an inch!

Latest posts

Back