stretching

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

tradition splits, bows against the wall with someone assisting you with pushing your leg up and holding you arm, grab a scale have someone behind you pull your chest and leg towards each other.. i do those kind of things with my flyer

Splits, splits with your foot on a mat that's higher, going against the wall and having someone hold your bottom leg down and pushing your heel stretch foot to the wall, if you want have them take your foot and go to the opposite side. So if you're stretching your left heel stretch have them push your leg to your right ear. Then turn around and have them stretch your scorpion (chest to the wall, they grab your scorp leg and push it as far as they can). Also, when you're in your splits, grab your scorpion leg and pull it like your pulling a scorpion and bring your head towards your foot.

I hope some of this makes sense.. hahaha PM me if you want more info

yea i need help with getting my flexibility. Ive been a main base for all my cheer life( about 15 yrs) and now i gotta be a flyer...and i lack flexibility. its hard

stretch everyday, and make sure you warm up good before you stretch because you'll pull muscles. Also, after you do splits curl up into a ball because it will relax your muscles making them extra flexible.

im a flyer and what helps me is:
- wall stretching (someone helping me)
- over splits on mats
- and bridges for back flexibility
the most important thing tho is to stretch everyday to get better fast:)

what i do is i lay down on the floor and get someone to pull my leg towards my chest and when the tip of my toe hits the ground they cross it over my chest and i do tht i would say 2 days aweek depends on your practice days and i do splits every day

when I used to stretch my flyers, we had a couple things we did everyday. First like someone said up there, make sure your muscles are warmed up first (aka do your straddles and all that jazz before). For heel stretches/bows i'd have my flyer kneel down with her back to me and I'd stand behind her and she would wrap her arms around my calves. Then have your stretcher take which ever leg you are stretching and hold it in a heel stretch position. This really stretches you a lot since you're on your knee. For scorps, face your stretcher and hug her around the waist and have him/her grab your leg like a stretch a pull far. Then you can do wall stretches where your stretcher grabs your leg and pushed it toward the wall.

Then of course on your own you can do splits, splits on an elevated surface, pulling your stretches/scorps/whatever, and if you are flexible enough, use a door frame! Put your leg up behind you against one side of the frame and push with your hands on the other side. That would work for heel stretches/bows as well.

I think one thing that's important is not to focus entirely on one leg. Try to get flexible in both legs and that will make it easier to pull one-sided tricks, and would it would be good to have flexibility on both sides for things like tick tocks. Also work on bridges for back flexibility cus that's really important for scorps

Go to Debbie Love's website ! She has a ton of stuff that could be useful. it's fortheloveoftumbling.com

Back