Struggling With Mental Blocks?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2011
Something that helped me a lot was "Breaking Free" by Debbie Love! It is about 4 pages long and explains pretty much exactly what you should do. It helps a lot! I hope if you have been struggling with mental blocks this helps. You may have to read it a few times, but trust me it works! Hope this helps!!

Thanks for posting this!! We had a girl last year who had a mental block RIGHT BEFORE NATIONALS. If I recall, she wouldnt throw her bh even once the whole last week of practice. At nationals, a few hours before we went on I had to keep reminding her that she has done it a million times and she wont hit anyone. Over and over and over. I finally got her to throw it, and from that point on she was fine. Mental blocks are tough, so its good to have something to help deal with them! Thank you! :)

like where can you read it? im the queen of mental block...i used to have my layout but now only throw handsprings!

this is great! there was a girl on my team last year who is so so talented and her body was so strong and capable of throwing a double but wouldnt even twist without someone ALWAYS being there.

well my coach had a copy of it so that is where i read it from, but you might be able to find it on the internet. i'll try and see if i can find it and post the link or something on here:)

Back