All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone ever used the services like dinnerafare.com - where they prepare different type of meals and then send them to you - I know they also have places you could go in and prepare your own meals ahead of time and then freeze them - then they have these places that send you main dishes already prepared - I am debating if it's worth the money to try since some of the food sounds good and healthy and different recipes - not to mention time saver and cooking is not one of my talents lol - anyone have any input :) thanks!

Has anyone ever used the services like dinnerafare.com - where they prepare different type of meals and then send them to you - I know they also have places you could go in and prepare your own meals ahead of time and then freeze them - then they have these places that send you main dishes already prepared - I am debating if it's worth the money to try since some of the food sounds good and healthy and different recipes - not to mention time saver and cooking is not one of my talents lol - anyone have any input :) thanks!

We don't use that, but we do blue apron. They send you all of the ingredients for 3 recipes each week. You don't get a ton of choices (vegetarian or meat - though they recently added options for no fish/no shellfish/a few others). It's $60/week for 3 dinners for 2 people. We get lazy about cooking and coming up with meal ideas so we like it and it gets us trying new food.

We don't use that, but we do blue apron. They send you all of the ingredients for 3 recipes each week. You don't get a ton of choices (vegetarian or meat - though they recently added options for no fish/no shellfish/a few others). It's $60/week for 3 dinners for 2 people. We get lazy about cooking and coming up with meal ideas so we like it and it gets us trying new food.
That's part of my problem also I have like only so many meals I can actually cook :( it gets boring eating the same stuff - but that sounds like a start thanks :)

That's part of my problem also I have like only so many meals I can actually cook :( it gets boring eating the same stuff - but that sounds like a start thanks :)

Let me know if you want to try it, I have a few free meals to give away. I think it's a free week.

Let me know if you want to try it, I have a few free meals to give away. I think it's a free week.

Ok that's so nice - I will :) I will ask my husband who actually does the cooking lol (I am that bad - my summer fb confessional lol)

same as @Ashley I've done blue apron. mostly because there was a crazy groupon deal so I tried it out. I liked that it was everything you'd need all prepped and cook times were never long. it also made me try things I would probably never purchase on my own and use more intricate and detailed recipes than my usuals.

cons were you get almost no say in the meals. it's also quite expensive to keep up with. and con for me was lack of organic/non gmo and like farmed fish. if I'm spending that much I'd rather just buy the things I like.

all in all, without a similar coupon, I probably wouldn't do it again

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

same as @Ashley I've done blue apron. mostly because there was a crazy groupon deal so I tried it out. I liked that it was everything you'd need all prepped and cook times were never long. it also made me try things I would probably never purchase on my own and use more intricate and detailed recipes than my usuals.

cons were you get almost no say in the meals. it's also quite expensive to keep up with. and con for me was lack of organic/non gmo and like farmed fish. if I'm spending that much I'd rather just buy the things I like.

Yeah, we're actually in the middle of a break. It's nice that they recently added options to skip fish (they sub in a vegetarian meal but don't give you a choice of which one). But it's probably better to do it every once in a while rather than every week. We did it for probably 4 months or so and got a few new meals out of it that we like to cook.

I discovered I like quinoa!

I could cook with the ingredients and recipes in front of me - lol - it's coming up with different things that's so time consuming and going to the grocery store wandering around lol - I was looking at the pre made meals they looked good but seem a little expensive but maybe if only did every once in while - I need to take a cooking class - I look at Pinterest for recipes but usually just get overwhelmed and don't get anything.

I could cook with the ingredients and recipes in front of me - lol - it's coming up with different things that's so time consuming and going to the grocery store wandering around lol - I was looking at the pre made meals they looked good but seem a little expensive but maybe if only did every once in while - I need to take a cooking class - I look at Pinterest for recipes but usually just get overwhelmed and don't get anything.

Well in that case:

Cookbook - Blue Apron

Pinterest recipes all seem to be things that are not good for you. Lots of cream of whatever soup and whatnot.

Back