All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm using a fun service where you got a list of people who've been cooking who are near you and you can see the meals they are offering and you just need to pay for the ingredients of the meal. usually i pay around 3-5€ for a meal. you must send a request to that person and then bring your own container and they fill it up.
ive been selling meals this way whenever i was not superbusy, but when im superbusy i go get some myself. it's ment to share your homecooked meals with this who cant cook and no longer needing to throw away your leftovers. love it.

Shareyourmeal.net, what's your neighbour cooking? is the link
I have 3 children, 3rd one off to college this fall, and I enjoy cooking. I still tend to cook for a family so I pack up smaller portions and freeze them in containers for my daughter to take back to college with her in a cooler, and will do so for my son also. It makes it easier to have a healthier, home cooked meal straight from the freezer and quicker than preparing her own meals when she has cheer practice and better than eating out or eating at the cafe, and then I have fewer leftovers. My husband is also a vegetarian and I make him vegetarian meals, so I can mix up the meals I send so they will have meatless options.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm using a fun service where you got a list of people who've been cooking who are near you and you can see the meals they are offering and you just need to pay for the ingredients of the meal. usually i pay around 3-5€ for a meal. you must send a request to that person and then bring your own container and they fill it up.
ive been selling meals this way whenever i was not superbusy, but when im superbusy i go get some myself. it's ment to share your homecooked meals with this who cant cook and no longer needing to throw away your leftovers. love it.

Shareyourmeal.net, what's your neighbour cooking? is the link
Not sure about that one. Maybe I'm too untrusting, but getting food from strangers? I don't think I would ever participate in that. If it were a company though that's a little different.

I love to cook, but I hate getting groceries. I mean...I literally loathe the grocery store with a fiery passion. I know, I know...I'm lucky to have one stop shopping, blah, blah, blah. I just...ugh. I will put off shopping until I have to come up with a recipe that uses cake frosting, a couple of garlic cloves, ketchup, and frozen pancakes.

I like the 3 ingredient recipe I am terrible thankfully my husband likes to cook or I am not sure what we would have done all these years - I do cook some but need to up my skills :) or have someone else do it haha like ordering pre made meals - I put off going to the grocery store also until I have to. -maybe all the years of cheer and soccer practices and being a working mom I never really got a chance to learn I just had to always do quick meals

My mom did Dream Dinners for sometime...she basically went once a week to the place in town and came home with a rolling cooler full of surprises...I'm pretty sure she chose the meals, it wasn't pre-destined for her. I can't really say much cause I don't remember all too well but I remember some of the beef dishes being good and the chicken being not my favorite, and she complained about how expensive it was.

We did something similar to Dream Dinners. There was usually a choice of 4-5 entrees you could prep and freeze. I used to take my oldest daughter on Saturday mornings for some girl time. It was fun and the meals were pretty good.

I love to cook, but I hate getting groceries. I mean...I literally loathe the grocery store with a fiery passion. I know, I know...I'm lucky to have one stop shopping, blah, blah, blah. I just...ugh. I will put off shopping until I have to come up with a recipe that uses cake frosting, a couple of garlic cloves, ketchup, and frozen pancakes.

Sauté garlic and add the ketchup -- practically pasta sauce!

Warm up pancakes and frost them for dessert!

Sauté garlic and add the ketchup -- practically pasta sauce!

Warm up pancakes and frost them for dessert!

My mom actually does make spaghetti sauce from ketchup.....and my grandmom did it as well.

I personally don't cook and if I don't feel like getting take out I just don't eat dinner (I'll snack). Lunch is the only meal I care about.

I hate grocery stores, they're stressful and I look so out of place and frustrated there that actual employee...at Walmart...stop and ask me if I'm okay (and y'all know walmart employees pay attention to no one)

Last edited:
If you all hate grocery stores, try working in one for four years.

On that note, I got a summer job on the coast and I move down there next Friday! Cheers to making money and hopefully not having to take out student loans!! :)

Oddly enough I kind of liked my time at one. I did 3 years I think. Sometimes I dream about going back to work there. No real responsibility. It's predictable busy. Even when I was a supervisor.

Oddly enough I kind of liked my time at one. I did 3 years I think. Sometimes I dream about going back to work there. No real responsibility. It's predictable busy. Even when I was a supervisor.

I hate standing in one spot for hours. I love the people I work with but some customers I just want to flip out on. But you're right, the responsibility is very low and it's always predictable which is good.

I could cook with the ingredients and recipes in front of me - lol - it's coming up with different things that's so time consuming and going to the grocery store wandering around lol - I was looking at the pre made meals they looked good but seem a little expensive but maybe if only did every once in while - I need to take a cooking class - I look at Pinterest for recipes but usually just get overwhelmed and don't get anything.

All you need is a good cookbook, I have the Pioneer Woman cookbook and it's amazing. Chicken pineapple quesadilla's and Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

Back