All-Star Summer Sandbox

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone ever used the services like dinnerafare.com - where they prepare different type of meals and then send them to you - I know they also have places you could go in and prepare your own meals ahead of time and then freeze them - then they have these places that send you main dishes already prepared - I am debating if it's worth the money to try since some of the food sounds good and healthy and different recipes - not to mention time saver and cooking is not one of my talents lol - anyone have any input :) thanks!
My mom is in a thing they call "freezer club" basically once a month, all the people in it (pretty much a group of like 4-5 moms who are friends) prepare 2 meals for all the families and freeze them. Then they meet up and trade their meals. They don't really cook it, just get all the ingredients together and such. They write the full recipe on the outside of the bag, so whenever we like stuff we write it down so our parents can recreate it. We've gotten lots of fun favorites from it! If you know some other moms looking for quick, prepared meals you could suggest something like that? Maybe cheer moms ;) It seems time consuming to make the meals but it's not, my parents set aside a weekend afternoon to do it usually. Since you can just buy in bulk and then measure and bag it's pretty quick and easy.

I've been really considering Blue Apron but haven't ever met anyone who has used it! Good to know that some peeps have had positive experiences with it!

My mom did Dream Dinners for sometime...she basically went once a week to the place in town and came home with a rolling cooler full of surprises...I'm pretty sure she chose the meals, it wasn't pre-destined for her. I can't really say much cause I don't remember all too well but I remember some of the beef dishes being good and the chicken being not my favorite, and she complained about how expensive it was.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

How have I never heard of these meal service companies?!? Gotta get on that! There is no time for cooking in a coaches life, especially the summer when it's cheer all day every day. I have tried to use the services that deliver take out from local restaurants. Found out the hard way that none of them make the trek out to my house though! :(

I can also recommend Saving Dinner for easy meal prep. You basically get a weekly shopping list and recipes that go with it. If you sign up for the newsletter you get a free week to try out and you also get notifications for their sales. I once got a year worth of menus/recipes for about $25. The weekly menus usually include recipes that go well with what's in season (that's a huge plus and money saver).

I'm using a fun service where you got a list of people who've been cooking who are near you and you can see the meals they are offering and you just need to pay for the ingredients of the meal. usually i pay around 3-5€ for a meal. you must send a request to that person and then bring your own container and they fill it up.
ive been selling meals this way whenever i was not superbusy, but when im superbusy i go get some myself. it's ment to share your homecooked meals with this who cant cook and no longer needing to throw away your leftovers. love it.

Shareyourmeal.net, what's your neighbour cooking? is the link

Thanks for all the suggestions - I am definitely looking into some of them and the blue apron recipes.

Not that I wanted that other thread to continue but I had the perfect gif...
msxi0Xg.gif

Womp, womp.

Back